Chapter 3 - kisses & disaster

a/n ok ash looks so cute omgggg.

Ashton's pov:
I sat in last period trying not to fall asleep while hearing the teacher go on and on about stuff I learned about in 5th grade. I found myself looking out of the window day dreaming about Luke. And thinking about his little details like how handsome his scruff makes him look and his long lanky build. The sound of the bell ringing made me jump out of my thoughts. I went to my locker and got the books I need for my homework. When I looked up I saw those gorgeous blue eyes looking down at me.
"Hey.", he said his voice having a hint of a rasp to it.
"Um h-hi.", I managed to stutter while trying to hide my blush.
"I was wondering if you wanted to come to mine to do our homework together after I'm done with football practice", he asked hopefully.
I smile up at him blushing and nod. He smiles at me and link our arms.
"Luke, what are you doing?", I ask
"I'm walking you to your car duh", he replied
"Oh thanks Luke", I say.
"Aw no problem Ashy Bear!", he says still smiling down at me as we walk.
Luke's pov:
As I walk Ash to his car I hear people whispering terrible things about us. I just glare at them and keep walking. Luckily Ash hasn't heard any of them. I know I've only known him for a day, but I feel like I need to protect him and I would do anything to keep him happy.

*after football practice*

Ashton's pov:
Luke texts me and asks for my address so he can pick me up from practice. A few minutes later there's a knock at the door. I get really excited and skip down the stars. After looking to see who it is I open the door.
"Heyyyyy Lukey, how was practice?"
"Hey Ashy Bear, practice was shit as usual but that's no surprise.", he replied frowning at the last part.
"Aw Lukey what happened?", I ask concerned.
"I'm just not doing as good as usual and people are starting to notice", he replies with a sad look on his face.
I immediately pull him into a hug. He rests his head in the crook of my neck and I hear him sniffle a few times. I grab his hand and take him to the car. I finally convince him to let me drive. We arrive at his house and I realized while I was trying to comfort Luke I forgot to grab my backpack.
Luke's pov :
Ash forgot his books so we decided just to watch a movie in my room. I put in the DeadPool movie and ashton squeals in excitement. I giggle and look over to see him trying to hide his blush with his cute sweater paws. I pull him into my lap and wrap my arms around his waist. He blushes again and tries to push me away. I pretend to pout and he turns around to straddle my lap and he pokes my nose. I wink at him and blow his hair out of his face. We lay back so we can cuddle and I end up basically spooning him which he doesn't seem to mind. Ashton turns to face me and I kiss his nose. He scrunches up his nose and has the cutest expression on his face. I can't hold back anymore. I start to lean in and he does as well. Next thing I knew our lips were attached and neither of us made a move to pull away. But then I think of one thing, Carlie. I pull away and Ashton looks confused.
"Carlie.", is all I can manage to say
"Luke. Who's Carlie?", he asks confused
"Um well, you see she's uh she's kinda my girlfriend. But things have been falling apart and I can't love her anymore. And Ashton I really like you please don't leave me."
He stands up off the bed and just looks at me.
"Ashton please I -" I'm cut off by him waving his hand.
"Luke I really like you too and I'm not mad but I can't stay here with you until you figure out things with Carlie." He frowns and walks out.
I follow him and try to grab his hand but he pulls away and shakes his head closing the front door behind him.
I think it's safe to say I fucked up. Now there's only one thing left to answer.
Romeo or Juliet?