I try to sit next to a creepy dude

Nico's POV

I stumbled through the thick mist, feeling my way around. I never thought that I could feel this vulnerable... especially with my powers.

I couldn't speak, hear, feel or see. It was my worst fear. Vulnerability.
After stumbling around blindly for a few more minutes I came face to face with a shadow with an indistinguishable face.

"You can't run for much longer little demigod," the figure snarled."I will find you. Eventually..."

The words rang in my ears. They seemed louder than humanly possible. I clutched my head to try and stop my splitting headache. Lets just say it didn't do much good.

Memories flashed before my eyes.

Bianca,
The labyrinth,
Tartarus,
War,
Death
And loss.

I screamed. I screamed for all that I have lost. And for all that I will lose. I screamed until my voice grew raw and hoarse. Just when I thought I couldn't take it any longer every thing was gone...

----------------------------------------------

I woke up in cold sweat, shaking like a fragile (and quite undignified) leaf. I felt my cheeks and realized that there were hot tears pooling down my face. I quickly whipped them away with the hem of my black t-shirt. I had been having that nightmare every night since the war.

After I shook off most of my grogginess, I looked around and realized that I was not at camp half blood, and I most certainly was not in the underworld. That was when All of the memories from the previous day came back to me.

FLASHBACK

I walked through the park, looking for a place to sit peacefully and eat my happy meal . It had been a long day and honestly, I just wanted to eat my cheap (and quite honestly crappy) food. Most of the park benches had been full except for one. Happy with my choice of seating, I walked up to the bench to sit down only to notice that a man took up most of the space. He wore a grey trench coat and a rimmed hat. An odd choice of fashion if I do say so myself.I gave an exasperated sigh and cleared my throat.

"Sir... Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked whilst gesturing to the empty spot.

A few awkward seconds later, the man turned his head, his golden eyes meeting mine and he whispered

"SOON." And on that creepy note, he dissolved into darkness. 'Well that was kind of wierd' I had thought.

I mean, I had been having a good day and he just had to come along and be creepy. I turned my head and I was met with a huge, feral hell hound pouncing on my shoulders. I panicked and tried to grab my sword from my belt while I was under the crushing weight of the dog. A few agonizing seconds later, I had gotten my sword out of it's sheath. I then proceeded to stab the hellhound through the ribs exploding it into golden dust.

With a mouth full of monster dust, I got up and dusted myself off. Whoever that guy was, he was going to pay. Big time. He had made me fight a hellhound AND drop my food! Who does that?

I dragged myself to a nearby tree, wadding my jacket up as a very ineffective pillow, and fell asleep on the spot.

FLASHBACK END

Seeing as I had not slept in days, it was no surprise that I had fallen asleep in such an inconvenient spot. I got up and put on my leather jacket, preparing myself to shadow travel.

Since the war, I had gotten better at both controlling my powers and utilizing them. Since I had trained almost every day since the Giant war, I no longer passed out after long shadow jumps or felt dizzy.

I spotted a shadow under a large maple tree and got in a runners position. I took off, pumping my arms and concentrating on the Hades cabin. Just as I started to melt into a shadow, my foot caught on a root and I lost all concentration.

A/N

647 words! Not too shabby!

I am really excited about this story and I have it all planned out! If you have any suggestions, I will take them!

Happy reading!!

Your favourite Demigod,
Sissy2319

EDITED