Oh crap

If theres one thing you should know about me, it's that I literally despise being vulnerable. And thats exactly how I felt.

I was left in the middle of the cave,-half broken- and I needed to defend myself. The worst part was that I had no backup plan.

I held my sword tight in my right fist, swaying dangerously. I needed to get out. I remember that I had briefly considered checking the doors I had seen earlier, then I remembered that I had most likely broken my right ankle. Immersed in my own thoughts, I nearly missed the flash of movement in front of me.

Scared out of my whits, I looked over my shoulder so fast that I probably should've gotten whiplash.

Standing in front of me was a dark, tall figure who seemed to be dressed as the... devil?? Interesting choice of costume.

"I-I mean no harm!" I stuttered lamely. The person didn't seem to be listening as he walked closer. Soon enough, our faces were inches away. I held the stare for about a minute and my neck started getting sore. Curse my shortness!

"WHO ARE YOU?" The figures voice boomed. It was low and gravelly. My throat hurt from just thinking about attempting that voice.

I opened my mouth, closed it, opened it and proceeded to yet again, close it. Why should I answer the guy's questions?

"I SAID,WHO THE (insert curse word of your choice here) ARE YOU!" His voice hurt my ears... So did his fist on my face.

The punch held so much power that it knocked me across the cave. My sword clattered to the ground, leaving me weaponless. My head collided with the wall and dark spots swam in my vision. I felt my temple and when my fingers came away, they were dripping with scarlet. Not. Good. I was also pretty sure I had a nosebleed... That was how Percy had started the war... Friggen ADHD! I stole a glance up and saw the thing-that-I-think-is-a-devil-but-then-again-I-have-no-idea walking towards me. He had something in his hand and I wondered briefly if it was a sewage pipe.

When he came closer, I realized that it was MY sword he was holding! I have such a connection with that thing that if I lost it I would probably crawl into a pit and die. Or, I would sulk for a couple of hours... They're both pretty much the same thing.

I tried to scoot back from the man but, I hit the wall.

A few seconds later, he brought the hilt of my own sword down on my head. Well... So much for escaping.

A/N
469 words... The chapters just keep getting shorter. I'll try to make it up in the next one 😥

Sorry!

Your favourite demigod,
Sissy2319