Falling sucks, don't try it

Have you ever had a dream, when you have ended up in the air for no apparent reason and you're absolutely sure that certain death awaits you on the ground? You fall and fall and fall.Well, I was in a similar situation.

I was falling...
I didn't know which was was up or down. The wind tore through my hair and whistled in my ears.
So this was how Percy and Annabeth had felt...

Exept I was alone, and no one was coming to rescue me.

After I had calmed down enough to stop uselessly flailing my arms, I realized that I was falling (Duh) into a cave. From where I was, I couldn't see the bottom. Panic welled inside my throat and I had to stop myself from screeching like a little girl.

I had to gather enough concentration to shadow travel out of this mess. I knew I didn't have much time before I hit the ground.

Closing my eyes, I thought hard of the bottom of this huge cave and started to melt into a shadow...

----------------------------------------------

Lets just say my plan was semi-successful and I ended up a bit too far up from the floor of the cavern for my liking. I was suspended in midair until gravity took hold.

Unfortunately, I fell feet first.

My feet hit the bottom with a sickening crack and I curled myself in a ball. I'm gonna be honest here and say that I was absolutely terrified. I really didn't want to look at my ankle. It hurt like Hades. Wincing, I sat up and examined my foot. I had to swallow bile that was rising in my throat. Yeah... It was that bad.

My ankle was twisted far to the right and I could tell right away that I had broken it. Yay! Another thing off the bucket list (note the sarcasm.) I slowly got to my feet (or should I say foot?) and steadied myself against the wall. It couldn't be that bad could it? So like the dummy I am, I tried to stand up on both legs and nearly fell on my face. Wonderful!

Clutching onto the wall for dear life, I hobbled deeper into the cave. Bat's filled the ceiling and I could see hundreds of hungry eyes staring down at me. That alone was enough to give me the heebie jeebies.

Walking through this dark,  hot cave was bringing back some terrifying memories. I was fighting hard not to have a flashback of Tar-the Pit. It's probably best if you don't know a lot about my time down there because... Well... It wasn't fun.

Whipping the sweat off my face, I glanced up only to realize that what was before me was certainly not natural. I had found the main cavern.

The cave was dimly lit by lights that hung off the ceiling. In the centre of the cave was a huge landing pad thingy (don't judge I'm really bad with words) surrounded by all sorts of electronic devices. Holy crap Leo would have loved it! I wobbled towards the landing pad, using the computers(?) for support. Whoever had built this must have loved bats because they were literally everywhere. On the doors, on the computers, on the walls... I had even seen some sort of suit that resembled a bat! I mean, who is that obsessed? I struggled towards the glass casing protecting the suit but (as always) something had to go wrong. As soon as I had even come close to it, alarms started blaring, tinting the whole room red. My breathing sped up as I looked for a place that I could possibly hide. I came up with nothing... NADA! I was forced to just stand there, injured and waiting for an ambush. I had drawn my dark sword just in case it was a monster. Well, this was gonna be fun.

A/N

636 words!

It's pretty darn short... Sorry!

Your favourite demigod,
Sissy2319

EDITED