Chapter 3: Fighters Don't Always Win

My skin began to grawl as her sent hit my nose, making my wolf start stretching the surfacr to attack her, but she was an innocent girl I kept tell my inner wolf and she would just push harder. Sooner or later I wouldn't be able to hold her in, I turned and grabbed onto Coda with so much strength. His eyes hit mine and he could see the pain I was in everytime this girl took a step towards us. It was the same girl from earlier but this time she was smiling, "Hi, my bame is Amy and I dont like you." Her face began to scowl as a growl erupted out of her mouth. She pushed me into the forest and I felt my wolf shift and u pushed her back. She laid on the ground as her wolf crowled out and began to circle me. I growled low and then she jumped towards me. I easily dodged her attack and turned around grabbing her leg and pulling her to the ground. I flipped Amy to her stomach and grabbed onto her fur, "Do you plead mercy or must I kill you." She tried to move but I gave a warning growl and bite harder. I felt my jaw loosen as I hit the ground. A black wolf had me pinned and was growling at me, "Don't touch my alpha you little wolf pup." He grabbed my neck fur and bite into it, I gave a yelp and tried kicking the wolf off me. I watched as his body flow off of me and hit the ground. Coda in wolf form nuzzled me and licked the wound delicately. I nuzzled him back and stood up. My eyes hit the wolf running for us this time I was ready. I took off running and slammed into the wolf knocking him down. I grabbed his neck fur, "Do you plead mercy?" He wimpered and I let go. He stood up and walked behind Amy she turned and ran away. I tilted my head back and gave a victory howl, my first fight and I won.

I felt my wolf get weak and slip away. My human body began to fall to the ground. Coda's wolf looked at me with concern, "I am really tired." My eyes closed and I was in a peaceful sleep.

"When will see wake up?" I heard giggling, " Alpha calm down she will wake up when her wolf is ready." I stretched out and felt my aching body rejuvenate with life. suddenly my body lifted into two strong arms I couldnt help but giggle, "Put me down Coda" He laughed and held me against his chest, " I will never put you down until the day I die." I kissed his check and then his lips attacked onto mine.

Coda carried me until I heard my wolf speak, " I am hungry we need to hunt and kill." I started to cough as my wolf broke out of Coda's arms and hit the ground. Coda looked at me and I growled and turned running into the woods. I hit the ground before I knew what was happening. I started to growling and then felt teeth lightly around my neck. "I am your alpha and your mate you will not growl at me understand?" I nodded and his mouth moved away from my neck and I gently licked his muzzle and he licked mine back, "I am sorry I have to do that but if you growl at me, it doesnt make my wolf very happy." I nuzzled him and licked his cheek, "I understand I am sorry about..." "Aww look at the love wolves," I could fell Coda's wolf push up against me and growl at the other wolf. "Brother what have you found here?" My head snapped to look at another wolf walking towards us I growled, "She's a little feisty one." He snapped towards me and Coda snapped back at him. I heard Coda in my head, "Run just run on the count of three ok?" I nuzzled him and responded, "Ok," "One, two, three..." I took off running my wolf spoke to me, "I know your scared and all but I cant let our mate get hurt. So your going to stop turn around and attack." I felt my legs turn around and race back to Coda, I howled for my pack on the way. I saw that one had Coda pinned while the other paced impationantly, I growled low and stepped into the clearing, "Hey boys so which one of you will take me if you kill my mate there."  The wolf pacing raced over to me and I talked to Coda so only he could hear me, "My wolf is in charge and she knows what she doing trust me and play along." The wolf sniffed me and pushed up against my body, I placed my head on his back and then in one quick move I grabbed him and pinned him down. "Now let my mate go or I will kill your brother," The wolf pinning Coda let go and Coda raced towards me, I throw the wolf and growled, "Now next time you want to hurt my wolf I will kill you, ok?" The bowed and raced off. Coda shifted and I followed, he smiled at me and I smiled back, "What?" He smiled, "You are a Luna an Alpha and you just proved it." I shock my head and shifted racing back to my house but shifting back in the barn I turned and howled out, "Goodnight pack." I heard a few howls back but Coda's was the loudest, "Goodnight love of my life, my Luna." I giggled all the way to the house, my dad had on a serious face, "You might not want to go out this late there sounds like some wolves are close by." I dropped my head and raced to my room and collapsed onto my bed, "Sleep oh dear sleep take me away and wake me up later."

"Wake up Sara its time to wake up," I turned over away from I sniffed a little it was Coda but I was so tired. I felt him slap my hand and my wolf growled at him and I could smell the anger. His wolf growled a little too loud and my dad knocked on the door, "What are you two hidding in there?" I let out a laugh, "Nothing it was my wolf noise sounds good right?" He laughed and walked down the stairs. My eyes were black as I looked at Coda, "I am tired leave me alone." I growled and laid back down. I felt my boy hit the floor as a wolf stood over me, "I told you I don't like it when you growl at me." He nipped at my neck till I could smell my own blood. He stepped off me and I shifted and nuzzled him, "I am just so tired my everything hurts." My wolf left and Coda shifted back I just wanted to run but my wolf held me back. I walked down the stairs and my parents left to go into town.

I quickly a month ate and I took two steps out of my back door when I screamed out as the gun shot and hit my leg. I fell to the ground as another shot rang out hiting my shoulder. I screamed even louder, my body began to shake and my wolf shifted. She laid down as pain flushed throw our veins. I howled out, "Coda where are you?" I heard no response and the hunters raced towards me and throw a net over my body and picked me up. My body shifted bacm and the guys smiled and throw me into the back of the truck. "Pack Luna is in trouble please help," I howled until my lungs hurt, someone just someone help me. I was about to howl again when I saw Devin running down the hill he easily jumped in and put me on his back. He turned and raced off I slipped of his back hiting the ground and my head o  a rock. I heard fighting and then a yelp of a pack mate. My eyes flashed black as I saw Devin lieing hurt on the geound with a knife in his paw. I raced for the guy and jumped grabbing his neck and breaking it. I stood over Devin and licked his wound, my eyes still black hit the eyea of the second man. He came running towards me and I dodged his attack and circled around and leaped and grabbed his neck breaking it.

I turned and started back towards Devin, I grabbed one of his paws and pulled him onto my back. I raced off in the direction of Coda's smell of home. I rab faster as his smell got stronger and stronger.  I came to an abrupt stop as I saw my mate my alpha leing unconscious on the ground. I nuzzled his side and then carefully place Devin down. I felt a net cover me and burn my fur. I shifted back and laid under the silver net. I whimpered for the two boys to wake up, I lookes into the young mans eyes and he smirk. I felt something hit my stomach and my eyes began to close.

I had never feared death at some moments I had welcomed it but not know, Coda didn't get to know how I actually felt about him. I had a pack to look after. Was this my end never knowing anything whether Coda and Devin were alive, was Suzy and James safe? I can't die not yet, but it fells like death all cold and motionless. My heart broke in half my Mate my Alpha he was mg soul and j couldn't tell him I loved him.