I

"Hey Tessa, wait up!" Simon yelled while doing a kick flip on his skateboard. "Hurry up Simon, we're are going to be late!" I call back to him as I hurry through the high school halls.  My red hair flowing behind me while I make my way to my locker. "Jeez Tess, some friend you are." Simon complained when we stopped at our lockers, grabbing a few books and throwing my skateboard into it. I laugh and shrug off my camouflage jacket before answering "it's not my fault you take forever to get ready!" Walking over to him I reach up and ruffle his short, dirty blond hair. He pushed my hand away with a chuckle and took off his black jacket. Simon and I have been friends since I was 2 so 14 years ago. Simon was only 3 months older than me, but since we were both only children he always told people that he was my brother. Which was basically true, we did everything together. We were also neighbors and we shared a back yard, our back yard had a few big trees and one tree had a big treehouse in it. We would spend the night in there a lot of times. Simon's dad worked a lot and his mother was out of town most of the time so half the time he stayed with me and my dad.

"See you later Tess." Simon said with a smile as he pushed me towards my homeroom, we had 3rd and 5th period together and that was it. "Miss.Black you are late once again." My teacher, Mr.Johnson said as he gestured for me to take my seat. I shoot him a apologetic smile and sit down beside Marko and Penelope. Penelope shot me a glare while Marko gave me a cool smile. For some reason most the girls hated me while the boys loved hanging out with me. I didn't care though, boys don't gossip and get involved with drama. Plus Marko had a small group of skateboarders that hung out a bunch, and I was lucky enough to the only girl in the group. All the girls thought I was creepy just because my father was an undertaker, sometimes girls could be vicious. A small folded up paper hit my desk and I look to see Brad smirking at me, I stick my tongue out at him and unfold the note. 'Sup Tess, I'm ditching the gang tonight to hang with Ashley. Tell Marko, will you? I smile down at the note. Marko and brad weren't talking again, the two were best friends but got into stupid little fights. Fortunately they only last about a day. Grabbing a clean sheet of paper from my bag I quickly write a note for Marko. Brad hanging with Ash tonight. What time do you want me and Simon at the hangout? I fold the note up and pass it to him when Mr.Johnson wasn't looking. Marko unfolded the note and read it swiftly. He glanced up at me and mouthed six.

"Miss.Black! What is the answer?" Mr.Johnson asked. I had no idea what he asked and I could feel everybody staring at me. Taking a quick glance at Cooper I see him mouthing 97 to me. "97?" I stammer and Mr.Johnson smiled "correct! Good job Miss.Black."
I let out a sigh of relief and shoot Cooper a thankful smile, he winked in return and I held back a laugh. Cooper was easily the smartest out of the group. And one of the best skaters. "Alright everybody class dismissed!" Our teacher said and everybody got up. Cooper and Marko walked with me out of the room, Brad stayed with Ashley the entire time. Even though Brad was Marko's best friend and second in command of the gang, you don't just assume Marko forgave you. The last time Brad thought that he showed up at my house with a black eye and a busted lip. There was only 9 people in our gang but it was nice. "See you two later. Make sure your at the hangout at 6!" Marko yelled as he walked to 2nd period. Cooper and I both had 2nd period together so we walked towards the room. "Thanks for the save back there" I say as I give him a quick hug. "No problem Tess." Coop replied with a smile, "you coming to the meet up tonight?" I ask. He nods as he waves to Ledger, another gang member, as he walks by. The gang had a meet up once a week at a abandoned warehouse near Marko's house, which was only about a mile away from my house on the outskirts of town. "I heard the boys saying they're going to Walmart at about 4 just to mess around. You coming?" Asked Coop, I think about it. "If Simon goes I'll go." I tell him. "Okay, did you hear that Samantha wants to join our group?" I freeze, "why? She's not even a skater and she hates my guts." Coop shrugged "I know, she's one of the most popular girls, I don't know why she would even try." Everybody knows that Marko only let in skaters and the outcasts. There would be no way Marko would let in a preppy.

______________________________________________________

I've just entered this book in the wattys2016. Please vote for me. :)

First chapter, hope you all enjoy. The next chapter won't be a real chapter just all the characters info. Please vote and comment!! Stay gold and as always I will see you in the next chapter!!!
Alizan out! *salutes*