XIV

-
Two months later-

"You're coming to the dance, right Tess?" Ashley asked, "if Marko asks me, of course." I respond, "I hope Jacob asks me," Audrey chirped in. "Are you kidding me? He really likes you, of course he'll ask you." Alyson told her, "what about you Deluxe? Is Lucas taking you?" I ask. "Yep. So do we all have dates except Audrey and Tess?" Everybody nodded. "Well thanks guys!" Audrey laughed, "I'm going to grab something out of my locker. Be right back" leaving the loud lunch room to actually find Simon. I haven't seen him since homeroom. "Hey Tess!" Ledger gave me a high five as he passed, "hey ledger, have you seen Simon?" "Uh yeah, he was going to the restroom when I saw him." Nodding my thanks and hurrying over to the boys bathroom. Quinn exited while I was leaning against a wall a little ways away. "Hey Quinn, is Simon in there?" "Yeah, want me to get him?" "Please?" He smiled and walked back inside. Marko wouldn't like it if I was talking to Quinn but Marko was in the principals office. "Tessa!" The secretary hurried over to me, "we have a new student, could you show him around please?" She asked, glancing back at the bathroom door before nodding and following the woman. "Tessa, this is Axel." This was the boy that was at the funeral, the same pale face, messy black hair, and the same ruby red eyes.

"Hello, you can call me Tess if you'd like" "alright, cool Tess." His voice cool and smooth, "so you're gonna show me around, right?" He chuckled. "Yep, come with me." He was about 6'2 and extremely handsome, Marko had competition. "So most of your classes are the same as mine. The only one that is different is you've got Spanish when I have Latin." I told him, "okay, well who should I avoid?" He asked.  "Um...all of the preps." he laughed again, "any chance you can point out these preps? Wouldn't want to run into them." I was about to respond when a mean laugh cut me off. "We're the preps newbie. Why don't you come with us?" Ryan stepped out from behind a corner with Ty and Matt by his side. Christina hanging behind them. "Sorry, but Tess here is my friend. I'm not shrugging her off for you guys," Axel defended. Ryan glanced around, checking for teachers, "take care of them, boys." He growled and Axel raised his fists, me following suit. "Whoa there, a fight isn't a fight without me...." Marko's carefree voice came from behind me.

Twisting around to see the gang standing there. All of them cracking their knuckles as they got ready for a rumble, "Tess, get back." I quickly followed Marko's orders. Knowing that this was not a fight I could be involved in, "so Ryan, want a fight? We'll give you one." His voice low and menacing, "not here Rodo, parking lot tomorrow night." Ryan spat and the gang nodded, "alright. Make sure your boys are ready," Brad stepped in. The preps slowly turned and walked away, Marko signaled the other boys to follow just in case before walking up beside Axel and I. "I'm Marko, and you are?" "Axel," came his cool reply, clearly not intimated by my boyfriend at all. "He's new, I was showing him around." I interrupted their stare down, Marko nodded slowly "Tess, want to go get some pizza before next period?" "Sure Marko." Waving goodbye to Axel and following the gang leader to the exit. "So your thoughts on Axel?" Marko asked while pulling out his keys. "He didn't want to join the preps, he defended me. I like him." "He didn't back down from the fight. He might make a decent Rodo." Marko thought out loud, "my thoughts exactly. Any chance we can pick Shiver up? I don't like leaving him alone anymore than I have to." He only nodded and turned up the radio to listen to Counting stars.

Ever since Sazio killed Jasmine, I've told the gang everything. Including me being a Master and Shiver being a hellhound. I figured I owed them for almost getting killed fighting my half-brother. They also came with me to visit jasmine's grave every Sunday. After picking up Shiver I decide to tell Marko about Axel. "Hey babe?" I began, "Axel was at Jasmine's funeral..." He immediately turned off the radio. "What?" His voice deathly calm. "He was sitting in the very back. I would recognize those red eyes anywhere." I explained. "I believe you," he assured me, kissing my cheek before turning back to the road. My father was out of town more then ever and I Was currently living with Simon in my house. His parents were usually gone as well so they didn't mind. Marko was also living near me in an apartment building about a block away. "Tess? Did you hear me?" He snapped me out of my thoughts with a passionate kiss, lasting about a minute. "What kind of pizza do you want?" He whispered against my lips and I held back a giggle. He could make anything sound so hot. "Pepperoni please" I responded as we pulled away. "Okay, I'll be right back!" He yelled while getting out of the car. Turning up the radio once he left,

Sometimes you gotta bleed
To know,
That you're alive and have a soul!

She's the tear in my heart!
I'm alive!
She's the tear in my heat!
I'm on fire!
She's the tear in my heart!
Take me higher,
Than I've ever been!

Singing along with the twenty øne pilots song easily. "Alright I'm back," Marko interrupted by throwing a hot pizza box in my lap. "How dare you!" Faking anger. "You know, you could lie to the devil and get way with it... You're that good Tessa." I laughed. I've been told that I'm a good liar multiple times. "Do you know what's wrong the Simon?" He shook his head, "I was going to ask you that same question."
___________________________