VI

The next morning
-
6:56-
Climbing out of my bed, I head into my bathroom. Once in the shower I inspected the bite mark closely, it was a pitch black bite mark that didn't bleed at all, it didn't hurt but I could feel Shiver ever since he bit me. When he hears something last night, I heard it too. Since it was Saturday I only put on a grey sweater and some black yoga pants. "Tessa? I'm going to go to the store, do you need anything?" "Uh, no thanks Simon!" I hear him walk back down the stairs and out the door, smiling, I rush downstairs and out the back door. "Shiver?" I am here milady "come inside," watching a now normal black dog slide out from under the porch. His eyes were a normal brown and his hair wasn't as mangled, he still was a little bigger that a normal dog but not by much. He padded towards me and followed me inside my house. "You hungry?" Petting the dog, Grayson hissed as we entered the kitchen and shiver bared his teeth. "Both of you be nice!" I yell. Shiver stopped and Grayson let out a final hiss before settling down on the table. Do you have any meat milady? Shiver asked. "Um..I think so.." Walking to the fridge and looking inside. After finding a package of bacon and opening it before laying them on a plate and setting it down in front of the hellhound. He stopped eating half way through, someone is here.. I jump up and run to the window. Ledger, Zac, Luke, and Marko were here. "Oh great... Come on, you can stay in my room" shiver trotted after me and I shut him in my room.

After 2 knocks on the door, they came in. "Hey guys!" I cheerfully greet my friends, "hello Tessa" Zac and Luke said in unison. "Mind if we watch
bullriding here?" Ledger asked. "Of course not, go ahead!" 3 of the boys walked into the living room and left Marko and I alone. He walked over to me and leaned down, his lips brushing over my forehead before going lower to connect with my own. We stayed like that for a minute until Marko pulled away and grabbed my hand, leading me up the stairs and into the den. The den had a comfy leather couch and a wooden desk with a computer on it. And a little loft that held 2 beanbag chairs and a bookshelf full of books I love. Trying to hide my hand from him I looked out the window while Marko settled on the couch, pulling out his phone. "Come here," I comply swiftly and he pulls me into his lap, so I sat there with my head in the crook of his neck while he texted Samantha. "Are you going to let her in?" I ask. "We're going to the warehouse tonight, at about 11:00 she'll come, that's when we question Samantha and why she wants to join." He kissed my cheek softly as he trailed his hand up my back and towards my neck, "the rest of the gang should be here soon."  He mumbled while his lips got closer to mine. Nodding, I close my eyes and kiss him passionately. After a few minutes of kissing, we finally pull away. We heard the door open and knew that the rest of the boys were here. "I have to get something out of my room, head down there." He nods and kisses my cheek once more before jogging down the stairs. Opening the door to my room I see Shiver laying on my bed, half asleep. I sigh before laying down next to him, resting my head against his back. Problem milady? "No, not really. Just confused." About what? "You mostly, I can't just tell the guys I got a dog that I can only show them during the day. I can't say that I got a hellhound either." Shiver opened his jaws and yawned. You most hide that mark as well "yeah..." Trailing off, getting up and opening a drawer to pull out my brown leather parkour gloves. Pulling them on with a smile, Marko had gotten me these for my birthday last year.

"What about the other 2 hellhounds? What do we do about them?" I question. We fight them Shiver said with a growl. "Does this mean I need a weapon?" The hellhound chuckled yes, yes you need a weapon. "One second, I have the perfect thing." Rushing out of my room and into my dads room. In the closet were boxes of my moms old stuff. My mother was obsessed with Egypt, so she had one box filled with stuff from there. Opening and going through I find what I was looking for. A khopesh. A hooked shaped Egyptian sword. Running back into my room, I show Shiver. Who nods in approval. I heard your conversation about going somewhere tonight. Pretend you are sick. You cannot go. The other hellhounds and there masters will be out tonight, we must defend their targets. You will take a new form tonight, you will have the same white eyes as me and your red hair will be flaming. You need not worry, it is natural for a hellhound master. I gulp and nod. I might not be ready for this but Shiver said we needed to defend people. I wasn't able to defend my mother so I will make up for it tonight.
___________________________