XX

My head was laying in my arms, on the edge of the hospital bed. The steady beep from the heart monitor was the only noise to be heard. Yawning and lifting my head, at my movement, Marko stirred. His eyes opened abruptly his heartbeat quickening, "Marko?" At my voice he seemed to relax a little, "Tessy?" His voice was weak and hoarse. Getting up to pour some water into a paper cup. Helping him drink it, once he was done is when the questions begun. "What happened? Where is Brad? Did anybody else beside me and him get hurt?" His voice still weak, "Luke got a broken wrist, Brad is fine. And you and Brad got shot." He nodded at my reply, "Erin shot?" "Yep" moving closer to him to slowly kiss him, I pulled away after a moment. "What time is it?" Glancing to my left to look at the bedside table, "5:56" "now what time can I leave?" I couldn't help but laugh, "Marko you got shot, you're not leaving for awhile." He looked liked he wanted to argue but he suddenly slumped back on the pillow, looking very tired. "Go to sleep babe..." I coo, kissing his cheek lightly.

Getting up to leave the room, opening the door I almost run into someone, "whoa! I'm so sorry!" Apologizing to the man, he had brown shaggy hair and blue eyes.
"It's fine," he reassured me "the names Cody," "Tessa." Smiling and reaching out to shake his hand. I noticed that the guy had a motocross jersey on, fly racing to be exact. "Any chance you're Cody Cavanaugh?" He laughed a smooth laugh, "yep, you know who I am?" "Heck yeah, bro! I've actually went to the rodeo 3 years in a row just to watch you preform! And for the bullriding," I added. He grinned "nice to hear I have a fan, I've actually got a ticket for the rodeo to give away, you want it?" Cody reached into his pocket to pull out the ticket. "I mean...I won't say no" he reached out and ruffled my hair, placing the little slip of paper into my hands. "Cya there, Tessa. I'll even sign your shirt, if you want?" I glance down, because I'm stupid and forgot what shirt I had on, to see my kickstart motocross T-shirt. "Yes please!" I grin excitedly, Cody reached into his pocket and pulled out a sharpie, stepping behind me to write his name on my back. "So...why are you in a hospital Tessa?" He asks as we start walking to the front entrance. "My boyfriend got in a gang fight, and somebody shot him" Cody whistled at my response quietly, "so why are you here?" "Came here to bust my friend Rossi, he broke some bones while practicing so he's gonna be in the hospital for awhile." "Rocket Rossi?" Cody grinned again "that's the one." "So he won't be in the show tonight?" "Nope, instead my friend Twitch is going to help us out." He replied. "You mean Jeremy?" He stopped and looked at me, "you sure know your FMX." I grinned, "so Tessa, you need a ride home?" He asked when we entered the parking lot. "Please?" He laughed and waved me over to his super-moto, "so I've only got one helmet, you take it." Nodding in reply, I step the helmet to my head. Getting onto his bike. "Have you ridden a bike before?" "Yeah, I used to have a dirt bike when we lived in the country, I'm saving up for a ktm now." "Nice" he replied right before he started his motorcycle.

We took of down the road, Cody doing a few wheelies while I directed him to my house. "Thanks for the ride Cody!" I say cheerfully, and hand him his helmet. He nods and smiled, pulling in his helmet. "I'll see you at the rodeo?" Asked Cody, "of course, it's a rodeo after all" grinning before turning to enter my house. He waved goodbye and pulled up a wheelie, laughing I enter the house. "Tess?" "It's me Simon!" I yell, walking towards the living room. "How's Marko?" "The doctors said he'll be fine after a few days, I talked to him for a bit. He wanted to leave then." Simon chuckled and pulled me down to sit by him. "Cooper thought he saw Jasmine, that's three people now. This can't be a coincidence, Tessa." Simon told me. "Yeah, I know. I'll ask Shiver to go see if he can find anything tonight. I'll be at a rodeo, so I won't be looking." He nods and turned on The Mortal Instruments, settling down to watch it. "I'll be back in a minute!" Jumping up and rushing to the den upstairs. Cody got me thinking about buying a motorcycle, and dad said he'll buy me whatever I wanted for my 16th birthday, and I never told him what I wanted.

-
8:04-
Just having got off the phone with my dad, he told me I could go to the KTM shop and buy a bike. Today! I was so excited! I had talked Ashley and Jacob to come along with me, so all three of us were currently in my pickup, driving to the shop. Parking the pickup and waiting for my friends before entering. "Hello miss, can I help you out today?" A older looking man walked over, "yes, I'm wanting to buy a ktm. Any recommendations?" I ask while looking at an orange one. "Come with me, I think I know what you would like." He smiled and we followed him to the back. "A customer just traded this one in because his daughter didn't want in anymore, but it works perfectly." He gestured to the best KTM I've ever seen.

It has the AC⚡️DC symbol on the front and everything

It has the AC⚡️DC symbol on the front and everything. Everything about it was amazing. "Can I take it for a test ride first?" "Of course, grab a helmet off that shelf and get on." Running over and grabbing a black helmet and starling it on. Mounting the bike and kicking the kickstand up, pulling in the clutch and giving it a little gas before pulling out of the shop, doing a few circles before pulling back up to the guy. "I'll take it!" He laughed, "let's go pay for it and I'll have Thomas and Brady load it in your pickup. Sound good?" I nod and follow him back in the store, Ash and Jake staying with the bike. "Can I get gloves and a helmet as well? Maybe a jacket too?" The man grinned and led me over to a shelf, picking up a purple helmet then green goggles, "this'll match the bike, and if you want to spend a little extra you could get a pair of green gloves and a pair of purple gloves and then mix and match." He finished. Nodding, I grab both pairs of gloves and the helmet, including the goggles. Then moved over to the biking jackets. I found this awesome one, all black except for purple flames coming up the back. Putting everything on the counter and paying for it all with my dads money. With his permission of course.
___________________________