Livid

Aubry's POV-

"Okay class, your homework over the thanksgiving break is to read chapters seven and eight." The teacher said making everyone groan loudly.

I, however, didn't. In fact, I barely even heard the woman speak. I had other things on my mind. Such as: The minuscule amount of sleep that I was running off of over the long week, the little bits of scrounged around for food that I was eating on the daily, my ribs that felt like they were practically shattered, oh... and let's not forget that I had a ruthless drug lord and his psychotic brother keeping tabs on me. But yeah... homework was definitely on the top of my list. I rolled my eyes at my thought.

The bell rang signaling that it was officially Thanksgiving break. I was happy to not have to go back to school until the next Monday. However, it was barely Tuesday... What was I supposed to do for the days that I was supposed to be in school. Especially over a damn holiday. Everything was going to be closed, everyone was going to be busy, and I was going to have to wander around aimlessly in the chilling weather because I had no home or family to be with... that's lovely.

I gathered up my stuff and earned a sharp pain in my left side. My ribs were very slowly starting to get better. I was sure that I wasn't helping them any with how much physical activity that I was participating in, but I couldn't really help that. I grunted at the pain and made my way out of the classroom.

I did not, however, expect some idiot to be posted up right outside of the door. Since I wasn't paying any attention to what I was doing as I exited the classroom, I ran smack into them and they pushed me to the floor. I groaned in pain when I fell to the floor.

I looked up with a heated glare directed at the idiot. Of course, it had to be the psycho girl that I had been avoiding all week long... Bridget.

"Oh, just the girl I've been looking for all week." The blonde haired demon in front of me said.

I sighed as I finally began gathering my stuff back up, much to my ribs' disapproval. "What do you want Bridget? I'm late, so make it quick." I stated and stood up. I was quickly pushed down by a short red headed girl that was dressed similar to Bridget. I looked up at the girl about ready to twist her arm into an arm lock.

"No, you stay down there below me; it's where you belong," Bridget said pushing me down harder with her shoe.

I cringed slightly because of the pain in my ribs as she did it, but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing any pain she caused me. I really wanted to try the new leg sweeper move that Aiden had taught me just a few days before, but I knew that if I did anything to the girl then I'd be the one in trouble, not her. Even with all the witnesses gathering around to see what was going on. I was the lower class one while she was the pretty princess.

I caught sight of Brandon in the crowd. His face was stern as he looked on, he seemed like he wanted to jump in and stop the girl. I simply shook my head at him to make him stand down. She had been stalking me all week. I figured if I let her get whatever she wanted to say to me out then she'd finally leave me alone.

"I don't know what you said to Aiden to make him quit talking to me, but whatever it is... You need to un-say it to him. You had no business even talking to him, much less ruining our relationship. Fix this or I will make your life a living hell."

"Oh sweetheart," I said quietly making her look at me in confusion. "It's a little too late for that one." I shrugged at the fact that I had said.

Bridget huffed at me and dug her heel further down into my torso, and then strutted away from me. I wanted to laugh hysterically at her. She was trying to be scary, but after my run in with Daniel... that interaction was simply comical.