Hope on the back burner

Aubry's POV-

I was panicked, that's all there was to it. I was scared and panicked. I needed to win and I felt like I wasn't getting a fair chance at that. Trey wasn't giving me the same treatment that everyone else usually got... it was the way my whole life usually went.

Aiden was trying very hard to keep me calm. He knew that me panicking was going to help nothing. I couldn't help my overthinking though... I was terrified. If I messed this fight up... I had no idea what my next move was going to be.

Aiden was massaging my shoulders to keep me calm as the fight was being announced. I had to say, he was doing an excellent job with managing my out of control anxiety. He seemed to understand just how to help me. It was an amazing feat because I didn't even know how to help myself.

When I got up onto the stage-like mats, people began laughing at me. I wanted to feel bad about myself due to the laughs, but instead I channeled that energy into anger. I got angry at everyone for underestimating me... they had no idea what I was capable of! I had to show them!

"Aubry." Crystal practically growled at me. "I told you specifically to stay away from Aiden," she told me with a hard look.

I rolled my eyes at her words. I was confused as to why she thought that I'd just automatically listen to her.

"And don't think that I didn't see you trying to seduce my Jace earlier! He'll never want you though... Neither with Aiden." She cackled like a witch. "And now, here you are, trying to steal my profession. I knew that you wanted to be just like me, but damn... this is a whole new level of crazy."

I scoffed at her and let out a harsh laugh. "There are very many other people that I would try to be before I chose to be like you."

"You're messing with the wrong person, you little bitch!" Crystal said and pushed me slightly making my anger flair.

I smiled at her widely, she had no idea what was coming to her.

When the announcer told us to fight, the whole crowd cheered for Crystal loudly. I didn't pay any attention to them or their boos directed towards me. I was honed in on Crystal.

Crystal glared at me. Before I could even think about attacking, she charged at me. Her slowness wasn't something I had expected. I was used to Aiden being the one to come at me and show me how someone was going to attack me, so I was expecting fast and aggressive moves. Crystal was no doubt aggressive, but she was slow.

When she made it to me, she threw out a very sloppy anger-fueled punch towards me. I easily dodged it making the crowd boo. She threw her other hand out, leaving her face completely unprotected. How was she supposed to even be good?

I took my opening and full on punched her two times in her face. Once in her temple and once in her forehead. She quickly landed on her butt and shook her head to try and shake it off quickly. She stumbled back to her feet and backed away from me.

I smirked at her.

The smirk set her off again and she came at me way too sloppily again. Aiden had taught me precision, control, and timing in our training sessions. So, when she came at me so sloppily, I saw many openings to get her through. I quickly took another opening and kicked her in the stomach followed by an elbow to the face. She quickly fell to the ground with a mouth full of blood.

She didn't get back up, she just simply tapped out and I let out a loud laugh at my victory. I was surprised because it wasn't even that difficult. I was barely hurting due to my quick movements... It honestly felt easier than practice.

"Aubry, the newbie, wins!" The announcer yelled quickly after the short fight. Most of the crowd cheered loudly while some booed because they lost money.

I was so happy and on cloud nine. I had just won my first fight at The Underground! I was pumped!

Aiden high-fived me with a large and genuine smile that lit his whole face up. "I told you, piece of cake!" He said with the smile still plastered on his face. I had decided quickly that he needed to smile much more.

"She was one of my best girl fighters..." Trey said commented as he came up to us. Aiden instantly hooked his arm around my shoulders and brought me into his body. "You just made me a ton of money." He said looking pleased while handing me three, hundred dollar bills. "It looks like you'll be moving to the big boys very soon. Though, I'm not too surprised since Aiden is the one training you."

Trey moved closer to me making Brandon stand behind me protectively. I was really grateful that all of the guys were being so protective of me, it made me feel cared for. Not to mention, that Trey creeped me out beyond belief. He reminded me of Sunny... that was certainly not a compliment.

"We'll be in touch. I'm assuming I can reach you through Aiden?" I nodded at his question. Trey took my hand, kissing it again, and then smirked at Aiden who had a murderous look on his face. "Bye, for now."

Aiden had his eyes glued to Trey's form the whole time that he walked back to his office. He obviously didn't trust the guy. Not that I blamed him, he was a sketchy character for sure. I surely never wanted to be left alone with him in any capacity.

Tom showed up with a shot for each of us in his hands with a big smile plastered on his face. "To Aubry!" He said after passing out all of the glasses.

I shook my head, "to Aidan's training!" I corrected.

We all took the shot with a smile and I felt myself relax once again. At that moment, I had hope. At that moment, I truly thought that I possibly could pull off what I need to...

However, that hope was put on the backburner when Aiden let go of the shot glass making it shatter all of the ground. My eyes shot up to him and he had a full on death-snarl on his face. I stumbled back in fear of him as his face pointed at mine. He quickly looked away and back to where he had been focusing on before. I followed his gaze, but nothing was there.

"Aiden?" Brandon asked hesitantly as he maneuvered me around him and put himself in between Aiden and I. "What's wrong?"

"He's here." Was all that Aiden snarled out making Brandon stiffen.

Aiden began walking forward, but Tommy stopped him quickly. "You know what happened last time. Him and all of his sick friends are trained fighters, and I hate to break it to you, bub... but he's better than you." Aiden growled at that making me flinch at the sound.

"Lets go." Brandon said. He pulled me along as Tom made Aiden walk.

I was confused, completely and utterly confused.