제 2장

Seunghwa noticed something in those split seconds. His eyes slowly showed a devilish twinkle. His mouth curved up into a smirk. And the whole time, he looked back at her.

What was this boy thinking? As soon as she thought, the boy was standing patiently in the front of the classroom, his hands by his sides with a goody-two-shoes smile.

She turns away, not wanting to look at Taehyung. He was confusing so far, not knowing what to make of him. Yet Hyesung and Areum clearly told bad details about the boy. She took a short breath as she focused back to work, twiddling with her pencil.

"Class," Mr Go said in a loud and clear voice.

"Annyeonghaseyo," the class said in unison, in the same bored and lazy voices.

"We have a new student, his name is Kim Taehyung. Say hello class."

"Annyeonghaseyo," the class said, as you could hear more of the girls' voices.

"We have a new student joining us, he just moved here from the sewer," Seunghwa muttered, copying a line from Mean Girls.

She didn't know the boy, but her friends warned her. Shouldn't she take their advice? Besides, his drastic change in personality is suspicious.

"You may pick a seat," the teacher said. He gave Taehyung a small glare, knowing his reputation. Taehyung wandered around, slowly, and then picked his seat in the middle back, in the seat behind Seunghwa's.

Mr Go started class as soon as Taehyung was seated. Seunghwa didn't pay as much attention to Mr Go's lesson. Seunghwa had to think of a costume.

Last year, Hyesung picked Seunghwa's costume as peanut butter. Jungkook and Hyesung were pieces of bread. Together, they made a peanut butter sandwich. Hyesung said that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was too cliché.

She knew that Hyesung would automatically say no if she picked a werewolf, vampire, witch, or some sexy version of something innocent.

As Seunghwa continues to think, a repetitive sound of whistling came from behind her. It was soft enough to not bother the teacher, but Seunghwa was right in front.

"Could you please be quite with your whistling?" She asked to Taehyung. Taehyung slightly cocked his head, maybe an attitude. Taehyung stopped, but Seunghwa soon heard the noise again. She didn't bother with it, knowing that class would end in a few minutes.

•••

Hyesung grabbed their hands as they exited the school.

"Matching or not?" Hyesung asked her friends. "Maybe we can be the Three Stooges? Ghostbusters? Winnie the Pooh characters?"

"We can be real too. How about a K-Pop group?" Jungkook suggested.

Hyesung shook her head. "I don't really like K-Pop."

Seunghwa got an idea from Jungkook. "How about we be dead? Like corpses?"

"Not bad," said Hyesung. "We have to match in one part of the costume, though.

"Just wear a corpse costume. Isn't that matching enough. We're a corpse family," said Jungkook.