A Crab In The Snow (Karkat One-shot)

You blinked at the boring, unchanging ceiling as you lied upon your warm bed. A large blanket covered you up to your neck and a pillow provided comfort to your head which was resting on it. It was an uneventful day in winter. Snow lay on the ground in white sheets, looking like layers of soft fluff upon the ground. You remembered when you and your lusus used to go out there and frolic around. It was so long ago... You shook off the painful memories of the past.

Your attention was pulled away from the pictures you saw in the ceiling texture. A ding went off from your computer. That meant someone was pestering you. You really didn't feel like answering anyone at the moment. You would rather sit in the warmth of your bed, thinking until you fell asleep, shoving melancholy memories under numbness. In the end, however, you managed to talk yourself into trudging over to your laptop, and retrieved it from your desk. You went ahead and put it on your bed, snuggling back into your blankets and propping yourself up comfortably.

--carcinoGeneticist [CG] began trolling alliacedTormentor [AT] at 14:32--

CG: HEY WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? MOPING IN YOUR OWN SORROW FOR YOURSELF AGAIN?

AT: Well that sure is a way to put it...

CG: SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT ALL THIS SNOW. AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE SKIPPING IN IT LIKE SOME MAGICAL FUCKING WINTER HAPPY FAIRY LIKE YOU ALWAYS DID?

AT: Am I *supposed* to do anything?

CG: WELL, I GUESS NOT, BUT IT' S WEIRD NOT SEEING YOU OUT HERE ANY MORE.

AT: Huh, really? I didn't think you of all people would notice.

CG: HEY, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL. DON'T FEEL ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY JUST YET.

AT: Yeah yeah. Whatever. Im staying in the warmth, so deal with it.

CG: FINE, BE STUBBORN. YOU'LL FEEL SORRY YOU DID EVENTUALLY.

--carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling alliacedTormentor [AT] at 14:56--

You'll feel sorry huh? You'll show him how much you'll regret it by getting some popcorn made and watching a movie. You walked downstairs and began cooking your popcorn in the microwave, sitting bordely in a chair while you waited. Eventually the timer went off, signalling you're delicious buttery snack was done. You got up and started walking to the microwave, when suddenly something cold hit the back of your neck.

You looked back in the direction the projectile came from. There stood none other than Karkat himself, a winter coat on him and a scarf around his neck. Snowflakes lightly dusted the knitted hat that was on his head.

"K-Karkat? What are you doing here?" you asked in surprise.

"Getting you outside! I told you you're gonna regret staying in!" he replied as he threw a second snowball at you. It hit you in the face, which doesn't hurt, but drives you crazy. You quickly slipped on a coat, shoes, and a pair of gloves, dashing after him out the door.

You threw a snowball, he threw a snowball, all back and forth. It turned into a good, long snowball war. You both laughed and shouted for hours, freezing and covered in snow. After a while the two of you went inside to warm up with some hot cocoa. As it was warming up, Karkat sighed and smiled.

"I knew I'd make you regret staying inside, (name). It was nice to get outside, huh?"

You laughed. "Yeah, thanks for that. I needed it."

"Well... don't get used to it!" Karkat said, looking down, trying to hide his obvious blush.

You chuckled to yourself and served up the mugs of the warm, chocolatey liquid you had been yearning for. You had a feeling you'd be seeing more of your crush around. Maybe this wasn't to be as miserable a winter as you thought.