Chapter 1 Awakening as a Vampire

I hear bells ringing as I wake up from what seems to be a good nights but I suddenly notice I am not in my bedroom but what looks like a cross between a fairy tale princess's bedroom and Goth Lolita's bedroom. I notice I am also wearing a black and red ball gown and my usually black hair has turned blood red. I think I am still dreaming and decide to go back to sleep when an overweight women in a maid's uniform bursts through the door saying, "It is time wake up Lady Yuri, you can't sleep all day". I then ask, "Who are you? How do you know my name?" She replies, "Oh my, I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, my name is Suzie and I am your personal maid as of today". I ask, "What are you talking about? Why would an ordinary Japanese high school student like myself need a personal maid?" She says, "What are you talking about, aren't you the new wife of Lord Darrin?" I then say in an angry voice, "What do you mean I am someone's wife, I never agreed to any marriage". She says nervously, "I don't know much myself, all I know is that you have gone through a type of marriage ceremony with the king".

I then ask her to leave in a scary voice and she runs out of the room like a mouse from a cat. I then sit down and look in the mirror to notice that my usually green eyes have turned blood red just like my hair. Someone then comes up behind and gives me hug and says, "Good Morning Sweetheart". I say, "Let me go", and push him away. I then notice that he is wearing a red and black business suit and his black hair is short and slightly curled and has beautiful red eyes. He asks, "What did you do that for honey?" I ask, "Who are you? And why you acting as if you were my lover?" He says, "Me? Why I am your husband Darrin". I then say, "What do you mean you are my husband? I never agreed to marry anyone in all my life". He says, "Blame your parents, they're the reason for this". I ask, "Why would my parents set up an arranged marriage for me, they believe that people should be able to marry whoever they want". He says, "They owed me for killing my younger sister without mercy".

I asks, "What are you talking about? My parents are doctors, they would never kill anyone". He says, "Now they are, but before you were born they were monster hunters". I ask, "Monster hunters? What are you?" He says, "Why I am a vampire, but no ordinary vampire, a vampire king to be exact". I suddenly get scared and ask, "If you're a vampire why would you want a human like me to be your wife?" He says, "I am afraid you are no longer human, for because of some recent events, I was forced to give you half of my blood and turn you into a vampire like me". I get even more scared and ask, "How could you do that without my permission? Now my worst fears have come true as I am no longer a human". He says, "I had to or you would have died from blood loss". I ask, "What are you talking about? I don't remember ever getting stabbed". He says, "You can blame my older sister for that, she stole you away from your bedroom in the middle of the night and stabbed you through the heart with a golden dagger near the Tokyo tower". I ask, "Why would your older sister do that, is she crazy or something?" He says, "Oh no, she is not insane or anything, she just has a bad habit of going overboard to try and make people happy".

I ask, "How is stabbing someone in the heart trying to make someone happy?" He says, "Well she noticed I was a little unhappy because it has been almost 17 years sense I lost my younger sister and probably wanted for you to become my wife as soon as possible so I wouldn't be so lonely". I ask, "Ok, now that I know how I became a vampire so how do I turn back to normal?" He then gets nervous and says, "Well you see", I say, "I see what", and he says, "Will you see sense it was I who gave half of my blood so you have become a royal vampire and there is no known way to turn royal vampires who were originally human back to normal". I suddenly get really sad and start crying as I know now that I may never be able to return to my human life with all my family and friends. He asks, "Why are you crying Yuri?" I say, "I am crying because I can never go back to school or see my beloved friends and family, my parents must be worried sick about me right now I bet too". He says, "I am sorry that you may never be able to go to school or see your friends ever again, but you at least don't worry about your parents, they're already very well aware of the situation and know that I will take good care of you".

I then run out of the room crying and try to look for a way home. I suddenly trip over my dress near the end of the hall and try to get up. I decide that crying is not going to fix anything and start walking back to my room when I notice a stairwell. I decide to walk down it thinking it might lead to a way of the castle but as I reach the bottom of the stairs I see that all it leads to is the royal garden. The garden is full of all kinds of flowers like roses and lilies and trees like pine and oak. I am so amazed by the beauty of the garden that I don't notice Darrin sneak up behind me and give me a hug, he says, "I have finally found you my sweet heart". I shout, "Let me go", and push him away again. He asks, "Why do you keep doing that Yuri?" I reply, "I don't liked being hugged by total strangers". He says, "We're not strangers, we're husband and wife". I say, "I never agreed to marry you, we never even had a marriage ceremony as far as I know". He says, "Sure we did", and I ask, "What do you mean we already had a marriage ceremony?" He says, "In my family stabbing a human women with a blade and having the king give her half of his blood is a marriage ceremony".

I ask, "How is that a marriage ceremony?" and he says, "We're vampires not humans, so it makes sense in a way". I say, "I have had enough of this, I just want to go home but I can't because I am a vampire and no longer an ordinary human girl". He says, "I'm sorry it turned out this way, but would you have rather died than become a vampire". I think about and say, "I guess you got a point there but still how am I ever going to get used to my new life as both your wife and a vampire queen, I used to be your ordinary 16 year old, run of the mill, Japanese school girl". He says, "Look on the bright side at least you never have to go to school again and can live a life full of wealth". I remember all the happy times with my friends and say, "I don't care about money, money can't buy happiness, and I loved school and spending time with my friends". He says, "You are still allowed to see your parents and older brother when you ever like soon". I ask, "Can I go see them right now please? It would make me very happy to see my beloved family". He sighs, and says, "I am sorry to say this, but when a person first becomes they are not allowed to see anyone from their former human life till after their first full moon as a vampire or else they could die from a number of things".

I then say, "But the next full moon isn't for at least 2 to 3 weeks, I don't know if I could wait that long to see my family again". He says, "I will try and see if they can come visit you here at the castle, it should be safer that way, but you might have to wait a couple of days to see them". I feel overjoyed to hear this and say, "Really, that would make me so happy". He says, "I will do anything to make you happy, you are the women I love after all". I stand up and give him a big huge while saying, "Thank you", over and over. He says, "I am glad to see you so happy, now let's go see what the royal cook made for lunch". I suddenly realize I am hungry and say, "Well I am getting hungry, so I guess I could use lunch". He then grabs my hand and says, "Come on".