Chapter 4 The Power Inside

I wake up from bed to bells ringing, and reach for my alarm clock but realize that my hello kitty alarm clock doesn't use a realistic bell sound and that there is not even a hello kitty alarm clock beside my bed but rather a regular clock. I then realize that this not even my old bedroom but rather the bedroom I have been given after becoming a vampire 3 days earlier on June 5th. I see that is 7 am and realized that I am hungry, so I decide to get ready for breakfast. I put on a fancy black tank-top and blue jeans with white ballet flats, I also tie my hair back into a ponytail.

I decide to head down to the dinning hall of the palace and see Darin sitting down at the table waiting. I take the chair across from and sit down. He says, "Good Morning Yuri, sorry I couldn't see you most of yesterday, I was busy with work", and I reply, "It is fine, I just played video games and read manga". I am still not sure how to feel about the situation as this was all forced upon just days earlier. Suzie than passes me my food, it is bacon and eggs with a side of apple juice and I say, "Thank you", she replies, "Your welcome Lady Yuri". I take a bite when Darin says, "I'm glad you're eating, most girls in your situation would refuse to eat".

I tell him, "Well, if I don't eat, I will get sick right, plus you're hardly a bad person, you have been nice to me the whole time I was here, and this whole situation is not your fault, it is your sister's fault that this happened in the first place". He says, "Thanks you're too kind", and I say, "Whatever, By the way, why would something bad happen if I had stayed in Japan". He says, "You would most likely be targeted by monster slayers who would want to kill you". I'm confused and ask, "Monsters Slayers? What are those? Is that another name for monster hunter?" He tells me, "No, slayers and hunters are totally different, hunters are more like police and the FBI, they usually don't kill their targets, just arrest them, those they arrest are usually guilty of a terrible crime. Slayers on the other hand kill indiscriminately; they are more like humans that hunt for sport, the higher in power or status the target is, the better the game for them. Because you are now a royal vampire, you are a great challenge in their eyes, plus they have been known to kill friends and family of their targets just to get to them".

I see the seriousness in his eyes and realize that what he is saying is true. I ask, "So, if I had stayed in Japan, me or one of my family and friends could have been in great danger". He replies, "Yes, but there is more to it than that, even though you're a royal vampire now, you still don't how to use magic like other vampires do, and even then, those you care about could still be targeted if you were to return". I ask him, "Ok, but still, why can't I return to Japan till after my first full moon as a vampire?" and he tells me, "Your body and powers are still unstable and won't stabilize until the full moon, so even if you could use magic, it would be unstable and could go out of control and hurt an innocent person".

I say, "If I were to learn magic and to defend myself, could I return to Japan without any danger after the full moon when Hideki comes for me", and he replies, "Yes you could, but you would always have to be careful remember". I say, "Ok got it", and finish my breakfast. Darin tells me, "I'll have to arrange some things first, but I'll try to arrange a magic tutor and self-defence training for you as soon as possible. Now I have work to attend to as king, so I hope to see you at lunch". I stand up and grab his arm, I ask him, "Can I get out and do some shopping today in the city nearby? I am tired of being cooped up in this palace all the time". He says, "Sure but make sure you take one of your personal maids. Now I have work to do, see you later Yuri".

I grab Leslie and tell her, "Hey Leslie, can you accompany me into town today, I want to get out and do some shopping". She replies, "Sure, just let me grab you the car", and I say, "Sure I'll wait", and wait at the entrance of the palace. Leslie drives up in a Rolls Royce Phantom and she says, "Get in Lady Yuri, we're heading to town". I get in and ask, "Wow this is sure one expensive car". She says, "Yes but Darin has many other nice cars", and I am shocked and say, "Well men sure do like nice cars I guess". When we get into the city, we stop at a large shopping mall and I see that it is American style.

I ended up buying some games and movies. We are shopped for about two hours at the mall, I have a great time shopping. As we are leaving, a man, dressed in a blue and white cowboy outfit, approaches us and says, "Well if it is not a vampire, and a very powerful one. This is going to be fun, it is not every day that I run into such a powerful vampire". Leslie says, "Yuri run, this man is a vampire slayer", and she starts using magical attacks. I start running as if my life depended on it because I think it did.

I stop running after two blocks as I feel exhaustion and my throat is feeling dry, the slayer catches up to me points a gun at me and says, "There you are you little vampire, now to put you out of your misery". I say, "Wait, why are doing this? Aren't you human, why would you kill me without a second thought". He throws down his gun and uses his hand to lift me up of the ground by my neck, he says, "Why do I want to kill you? I want to kill you because vampires are scum and your life is worth nothing", he then throws me across the ground like a ragdoll.

He than picks up his of the ground and points it at me once again. I feel the electricity in the air and realize something, I am not going to die to this creep. I stand up and say, "Who are you to call me scum and say that my life is worth nothing? In most people's eyes, my life is worth more than yours due to the fact you are trying to kill an innocent person, you are the lowest a person can go when it comes to evil people. I will not die to trash like you, I will live through this and continue to live for the sake of myself and those I care about". I then see electricity surrounding me and the slayer says, "No way, what are you? Who are you?" I tell him, "My name is Yuri Teque, Queen of Teque and wife of King Darin", and the slayer replies, "No way, I targeted a royal vampire". I say, "Yes you did", and the slayer says, "Whatever, that just means you are a better prize". He points his gun at me and starts shooting, but I am able to dodge them and try to fling electrical attacks at him, but he manages to dodge all my attacks.

I then feel a pain in my stomach and realize he shot me there, the pain is to great and I fall to the ground clutching my stomach. He tries to shoot me again but someone grabs me before he can shoot me. I look up and see that Darin is holding me like a princess, I say, "Darin, what are you doing here?" and Darin replies, "Leslie called me in a panic and said you were being chased by a slayer, I came as soon as I heard". Darin than stands there and says, "How dare you shoot Yuri, she is very important to me, you are under the arrest of the Teque police force". I loose consciousness as police surround the man and arrest him.

I wake up a couple hours later in my bedroom with Darin sitting next to my bed. He asks me, "Yuri how are you feeling? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I ask him, "I'm fine, can I have some unicorn blood mixed with red wine, my throat feels dry". He gives me what I asked for and I drink it in two gulps while cringing at the same time even though the flavour is quite good. He says, "I am glad you're fine, the bullet was removed and you have already healed so you won't have to worry about there being a scar". I ask him, "Is Leslie okay, she was with me", and Leslie comes running into the room and says, "I'm fine Lady Yuri, I'm so happy you're okay".

Leslie leaves the room and I ask Darin, "So what is going to happen to the man who attacked me". He tells me, "It seems he was wanted for violent crimes by several other countries so I'm going to be turning him over to Interpol for prosecution". I look down and say, "You were right, I almost died today and Leslie could have gotten hurt. Something bad would have happened if you hadn't shown up when you did". I start crying and Darin hugs me and says, "Yuri, there is no need to cry, no one died, and you're okay in the end". I than realize he is hugging me, so I push him away saying, "How times do I have to tell you, I don't like being hugged".

He smiles and says, "See you're back to normal already". I than say, "Whatever, that is not the point, the point is that I nearly died today". He says, "I managed to arrange for a person to teach you magic, also from now on, when leaving the castle you will be accompanied by a bodyguard that I have hired starting tomorrow. Now I must leave I have work to do, I will see you at dinner tonight". I say, "Ok see you at dinner tonight", and decide I'll take a nap till dinner.