Chapter 5 Learning to Use Magic

I meet Darin at the dinner table that evening around 6. I am wearing a white sundress and sandals. I sit at the table and see that dinner is fried chicken and gravy and fries. I ask, "Hey did you buy this from KFC?" and he tells me, "Yes, your parents said you really like their food, so I had Suzie run down to KFC and pick some up". I am surprised and say, "You have both KFC and McDonalds in your country, that is incredible". Darin replies, "I am constantly working to bring foreign business over to my country as one of Teque's main industries is tourism and fast food is quite popular in Teque. I am currently talking with a food chain in Canada to bring their popular coffee shops over to Teque, my citizens who have visited Canada are really fond of this Canadian food chain, so it would be a good idea I think".

I say, "Wow, you sure care about your people, you must work hard", and he replies, "I do, unlike other European countries, Teque is still a monarchy, while there are still countries with monarchies, most of them are constitutional monarchies, such as Britain, while here in Teque, I'm still the main one in power, so I have to work hard to support my people". I say, "That must be tons of pressure on you, by the way, I haven't asked you this yet, but how old are you, I kept forgetting to ask you". He gets visibly nervous and says quietly, "152", I don't hear him properly and ask, "Can you say that again, I didn't hear you properly". He says, "152", again which I hear this time.

I find this hard to believe and ask in shock, "Did I just hear you right? You said you are 152 years old". He nods yes, and I ask him in shock, "If you're 152, than why do you look like you're 25 at the oldest". He says, "That is normal for vampires, we stop aging around our 20's". I than ask, "Are you some kind of creep? You're way older than me by over a 100 years". He says, "That is abnormal for humans, not vampires", and I reply, "Whatever, I used to be human, so it is weird for me". He says, "I'm sorry about my age, but there is nothing I can do about it, I was afraid to tell you about my true age because of your age". I than see the anxiety in his eyes and realize that he is upset, I say, "I'm sorry for asking you your age, I didn't know it would make you upset".

He cheers up and says, "Ok now that that is settled, lets finish dinner, I still have work to do". We finish dinner and say, "Good night". I go to bed early because I am exhausted and had a long day with everything that happened.

I wake up the next morning to Suzy telling me to wake up and get changed so I can I meet Darin for breakfast, I see that it is 7 in the morning and ask her, "Why can't I sleep in? Can't Darin eat breakfast without me?" She tells me, "He is worried about you and thinks that eating all his meals with you while you're here will help you feel better.". I reply, "Ok, but can you leave so I can get changed for breakfast", and she says, "Yes", and leaves the room. I get changed into a white shirt, blue jeans, and black flats.

I then meet Darin at the table for breakfast, he says, "Good Morning Yuri", with a handsome smile on his face, and I give him a plain old, "Good Morning", back. I sit down and see that breakfast is a sausage McMuffin, Hash brown, fried apple pie, and hot chocolate from McDonalds. I am amazed to this as it one of my favourite things to eat breakfast and tell him, "Thank you, this is one of my favourite breakfast combos". He says, "I'm glad you're happy, I wanted you to have delicious breakfast so I asked your parents for advice, they said you are fond of this specific meals from McDonalds". I then look at what Darin is eating and notice that he is having a rice omelet, small salad, and a glass of milk. I say to him, "Do vampires gain weight easily? You seem to eat mostly healthy food?" and he says to me, "Vampires don't gain weight at all, once we reach adult hood, we stay at mostly the same weight our whole lives. I just happen to have a love for healthy foods". I tell, "Okay I guess that makes sense"

Halfway through breakfast, I tell him, "I am going to stay here after the next full moon instead of returning to Japan like I originally wanted". He looks surprized and says, "Are you sure about that? I thought you wanted to return home as soon as possible Yuri". I tell him, "That is what I originally wanted but after what happened yesterday with the monster slayer and remembering about you said that they have been known to target those close to their prey, I'm thinking it would be safer for those I care about if I stay here. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me". He asks me, "Are you sure about this Yuri? Being a queen isn't easy, you will have to undergo royal training and learn everything there is about your role. If you decide to stay, you know you will to fulfill your role as the queen of Teque and my wife". I tell him, "I'm not sure how I feel about you Darin, but I know I don't hate you and that you're a good man. I also know that I am a queen now and if I stay, I will have to fulfill my role. But I don't care if I have to sacrifice my own happiness, I don't want my friends and family back in Japan to get hurt because of me". He says, "Ok Yuri, but you have to promise to not regret this later". I tell him, "I promise Darin".

After breakfast, he hands me something, I see that it is my iPhone 5S in my usual pink Cherry blossom phone case, and says, "Your brother had this sent over from Japan, it arrived this morning shortly before breakfast". I say, "Thank you, I almost forgot all about it", and he says, "You should contact your family and tell them about your decision". I say, "Ok got it", and he says, "Go get changed into exercise clothing after you're done talking to your family, I have arranged for a magic teacher and they arrived just this morning, I put my number into your phone, so text me when you're done and I will introduce you to them". I say, "Ok Darin", and he says, "See you later Yuri", with a soft smile before leaving the room.

I go back to my bedroom and call up my mother, who I haven't talked to in days. My mother picks up and asks, "Hey Yuri, how are you doing? Is Darin treating you well?" I tell her, "Yes mom, he is treating me well, I have something important to tell you", and she says, "I am glad to hear that, what is this important thing you have to tell me". I tell her, "I have decided to stay in Teque and to be Darin's wife, I am not going to return to Japan after the next full moon". She asks, "Yuri, I had heard from Darin about how you were attacked by a monster slayer, does that have something to do with your decision?" I tell her, "Yes mom, it does, if I return to Japan, You, dad, Hideki or any of my friends could become targets of monster slayers who want to slay me, I am also developing powers and they could hurt someone. I don't want those I care about to get hurt because of me so I am going to remain in Teque". She says, "Yuri, I will not fight with you on this but I want make sure this is what you truly want", and I reply, "I originally wanted to return to Japan but because of everything that has happened and the fact that I am no longer human, I think it is best I remain in Teque". She says, "Yuri, you have become quite the young women in the short time you have been a vampire, I will tell you father and older brother about your decision, I have to get back to work now. Good Bye Yuri, I love you". I say, "Good bye mother, I love you too", and she hangs up. I am feeling better about my decision after talking to her.

I get changed into a hot pink t-shirt with the PreCure Logo, a light pink sweater, pink floral sweatpants, and white socks with cherry red sneakers, I also tie my hair in a messy bun. I text Darin that I am ready to meet my magic teacher and he promptly comes to my room. I ask him, "Is this outfit okay?" and he tells me, "It is perfect Yuri, you have a great sense of fashion". I reply, "Thank you so much for the compliment", and he says, "I will taking you to gym for your magic training". I say, "Okay", and follow him to large gym area.

In the room, I see a women who appears to be around 30 years old with short light brown hair and eyes wearing a blue crop top with a dark blue sweater and blue yoga pants with navy blue sneakers. I ask him, "Is that women my magic teacher, she looks pretty normal to me?" and he says, "Yes she is". He then introduces her, "This is Chi Rai, the daughter of a vampire king in Asia who can use powerful water magic, she is 36 years old and well known for being an amazing magic teacher" I then say, "She is only 36 years old, she is younger then I assumed she would be", and she says, "I may be only 36 years old but I am a great teacher, I will show you how to master your magic". I then say, "Thank you for accepting to teach me, you must have come a long way", and she says, "It is no problem, I am getting paid good money to teach you magic, our scheduled time for magic training is 9-10 every Monday to Friday". I say, "Okay got Miss Chi", and I then ask Darin, "Darin, what do I do rest of the morning until lunch after magic training". He tells me, "That times is for whatever you want to do with it. I have to get back to work now, I will tell you more about your new daily schedule at lunch, see you later Yuri", and I reply, "See you at lunch", as he leaves the room.

Chi then asks me, "So Lady Yuri, what is your magic element?" and I tell her, "My element is electricity, and could you just call me Yuri, were both royal vampires so you don't have to call anything fancy Miss Rai". She says, "Sure thing I can call you Yuri, but you have to call me just Chi in return, okay", and I reply, "Okay Chi". She then says, "So your element is electricity, that is rare element for one to control, on the other hand, my magic element is water, which is pretty common". I ask her, "Will it be difficult for you to teach because of my magic element?" and she tells me, "No it won't be, I have trained with your element before luckily". She asks me, "Could you use your power to attack that target", pointing to an archery target. I say, "Sure thing", and send a bolt of electricity to the target but trip just after releasing the power, accidently sending it towards Chi, luckily she steps out of the way but it ends up frying a nearby treadmill. She says to me, "I think we should practice both power control and aiming", and I say to her, "Sure thing Chi". She has me practice on the archery target the rest of the hour, luckily nothing else happened. When we finished at 10, we said, "See you tomorrow", to each other and I head back to my room to relax until lunch.