Chapter 3 A Thirst For Blood

I wake up on the bed hearing a male voice say, "Yuri, are you okay, please wake up", and realize it is Darin saying this while standing over me. I say, "Get off me", and push him aside. He says, "Oh good you woke up", and I ask, "What happened, One moment I'm am standing in my room and the next thing I know I am waking up in bed". He says, "Well, it seems you had collapsed, Suzie came to me in a panic saying that you had collapsed, I was so worried because you didn't wake up until this morning".

I than notice I am wearing an adorable pink nightgown with long sleeves and a bow. I ask, "Why did I collapse? Why was I out of it for so long?" He replies, "Well it seems that you haven't fully adjusted to being a vampire yet and your body started rejecting your new form, which is normal as you just became vampire very recently". He than hands me a glass of red liquid and says, "Drink this it will help your body to adjust better".

I take the glass and say, "Ok thanks"; I take a sip of the red liquid which is sweet and a little thick like soup. I take another sip and ask, "What is this? It is really tasty", and he replies, "Unicorn blood mixed with red wine", just as I take another sip. I spit it out and say, "What did you just this is", and he says again, "Like I told you, it is unicorn blood mixed with red wine". I ask, "Why would give me that?" and he replies, "You don't have to worry about getting drunk, vampires don't get drunk like humans do". I reply, "I didn't mean the red wine, I meant the part about unicorn blood", and he says, "What is wrong with unicorn blood? I thought it would be your blood preference".

I tell him, "It is blood from a unicorn, I dreamed of having a pet unicorn when I was a kid, but I have since grown out of that phase but still, why did you give me that to drink?" He says, "Because you're a vampire now and need to drink blood to survive", and I reply, "I thought vampires drank human blood". He says, "Vampires prefer animal to human blood, plus human blood is very toxic to us vampires", and I reply, "Whatever, why did you give me unicorn blood?" He tells me, "I just thought it would be your blood preference because your parents said it was your favourite animal, plus isn't it fine because you found the blood tasty, that means it is your blood preference".

I than say, "Do I have to drink this?" and he tells me, "Just drink the whole glass or else you might collapse again". I drink the glass in one whole gulp and cringe afterward even though it was tasty. A person in a blue business suit with blue hair and glasses than comes in and tells Darin, "Your highness, there is someone here to see in the throne room, he has also requested that you bring the queen". Darin tells him, "Tell the person I will be there soon with Yuri", and the man in blue leaves.

Darin than tells me, "I wonder who it could be, I haven't even announced you to my people yet. Oh well Yuri could you get dressed into something regal instead of your usual casual style. I know you dislike regal clothing, but for occasions like this, could you dress like a queen every now and than". I think about how this marriage was forced upon me out of nowhere but realize that I am married to a king and he has been nice and not mean to me the whole time. I tell him, "Ok I'll do it", and he says, "Great, I will be waiting for you outside your bedroom", before leaving the room.

I than start changing, I decide to put on a black ball gown with red lace, ribbons, and trimming. I put on black heels, a gold necklace with a ruby heart pendent, and keep my hair loose with nothing in it. I than go outside my room and see Darin standing there, waiting for me. I ask him, "Is this okay", and he replies, "Perfect, it is both regal and simple at the same time, now lets head to the throne room". I say, "Okay", and follow him to the throne room.

When I step in the throne room, I am amazed by how beautiful it is, it like something out of a Disney movie. The floor is redwood with red rug leading to the thrones, which look like they are made of gold, jewels, and silk. The walls are red and black, and have large paintings and tapestries. I sit on the throne next to Darin's, it is surprisingly more comfortable that it looks. Darin than says, "Thou who wanted me can now come forth".

A man who I recognize as my older brother, Hideki, comes forward, He is wearing a black business suit and his shoulder-length brown hair is tied back. I say, "Hideki, is that you, what are you doing here?" and he says, "I have come to save you, Yuri". He then looks at Darin and yells, "Darin, how could you turn her into a vampire at 16? You said you were going to wait until she was older". Darin stands up and says, "It is not my fault, my sister went on one of her fits and stabbed Yuri to near death, I was forced to turn Yuri into a vampire or she would have died from blood loss. If you want my sister, it is too late, I have already turned her over to the European branch of the Monster Hunter's association for her to face punishment".

Hideki says, " Whatever, you could have at least left her with us and we could have explained everything, you didn't have to take her with you all the way to Teque here in Europe". Darin than says, "That would only have worked if I was not a royal vampire, but I am a royal vampire, and because I turned Yuri into a royal vampire, I had to take her with me or else she would have died, you should know that better anyone as you are a monster hunter just like your parents were". I am shocked to hear this and look at my brother, I say to him, "You're a monster hunter, so you knew about everything and never told me".

My brother sighs and says, "Yes I knew everything but I never told you because our parents told me that something bad would happen if I ever told you, so I kept quiet". I then say, "Well, now that I know, don't keep more secrets from or else I will never talk to you again". He then says, "Okay I will keep no more secrets from you, I will tell you anything you want to know, you just have to ask", and I say, "Okay". Darin than says, "Now that that is settled, can you leave Hideki", and Hideki says, "No I'm not finished here, I'm not leaving without Yuri". Darin then says, "Hideki, you are being unreasonable here, if Yuri is taken away from me, something bad will happen to her".

Hideki says, "I'm being unreasonable, you're the one who took her away from everything she's ever known and has her locked up in this palace like a princess". Darin then says, "Hideki, stop, you should not talk that way to me", and I then start to feel hungry. I see Leslie is near by and jester her over, I quietly ask to get me a burger because I am hungry and she agrees to get it done. My brother than runs over and attempts to grab my arm but I pull away as if it were a reflex. I tell him, "Oni-san, you never even asked how I feel about all this, instead you just thought about yourself and made assumptions". Hideki than looks at me and says, "I'm sorry I never considered that, Yuri, how do you feel about everything?" and I reply, "I don't know, but I do know that Darin has been nice to me since this all started and that you should give me some time to think before I get used to everything".

My brother says, "Darin, I will be back after the next full moon and ask my sister about what she thinks of the situation, but I will take her home if she wants to go home, is that a deal". Darin then says, "It is a deal, Hideki", and stands up to shake my brothers hand, they shake hands and my brother says, "Farewell, Yuri I will be back after the next moon". He then gives me a hug and leaves to return to japan.

I then say to Darin, "Sorry you had to deal with my brother, he is really stubborn", and he says, "It is fine, now I must leave you Yuri, I have some work to attend to as king". I then say, "Okay", and head back to my room.