53-K

Victoria and I got approved for our licenses. It's been four months and we've had so many people come in and out of our house. We've taken many classes and are allowed up to five foster kids at a time. Our first kid was coming tomorrow. I can barely sleep, I'm so excited.

She's fourteen and her name is Riley. Victoria was sound asleep next to me. I was just cuddled into her and wide awake. It's three am. "Why are you up," she mumbled.

"Can't sleep. Too excited. Why are you awake?"

"I gotta pee." I giggled and she got up. I whined and closed my eyes. I fell asleep.

I woke up at eight the next morning and went downstairs. I made breakfast and Tori came down. "She'll be here at ten," I said. She nodded and came behind me. She kissed my cheek.

"I love you."

"Love you too. Do you think she'll hate us because we're gay?"

"No sweetheart," she said. I smiled and she slapped my ass, taking a plate of food. We sat and ate. I cleaned our plates and started cleaning the little mess we made.

I heard a knock and opened the door. I smiled and heard foot steps behind me. "Hey. Come in," I said and moved out of the doorway. She walked in and looked around. All she had was a duffle bag. I closed the door and she went over to one of our wedding pictures.

"I'm Victoria and that's Kelli."

"You're married," she asked.

"Yeah. Why are you in your uniform," I asked.

"Daniels called me in. Sorry to cut this short Riley, but I love you both and I will be back by five," she said and kissed my cheek. I smiled as she hugged Riley and left.

"I'll show you your room," I said and took her bag.

"I have my own room?"

"Yeah. And I will take you shopping tomorrow to get you clothes and such. I would let Tori take you, but you would end up in the men's section looking at flannels." She laughed and I smiled. I led her upstairs.

"This is defiantly the best home I've been in."

"We want to make you feel at home. We're not in it for the money. We actually agreed to use it to buy clothes and stuff for you."

"Thank you," she whispered. I smiled and we sat on her bed. "I've been in ten homes, been in the system since I was six. My mom was an addict and my dad killed himself," she mumbled.

"You don't have to tell me. Okay? You're here now and that's all that matters."

"Thanks. So, is your wife a hard ass?"

"No. Not at all. She's pretty chill. She may be in the army, but she's not all up her own ass," I answered.

"So why did you guys become foster parents if you don't want money?"

"We're twenty one and we both want kids. We talked about having our own but then we talked about foster care. There are so many kids who don't have homes. They need homes." She smiled and played with her jeans. "When was the last time you went shopping?"

"I don't know. I've always had to get my own stuff. I ended up tutoring kids everyday after school until I had money to go buy new bras and clothes."

"I know what it's like to be all alone. My mom and dad got divorced when I was six. My dad left. I wanted to go, but my mom got custody. She married this fucking asshole. They hated me for years because I was a lesbian. It pissed me off because she told me it was him who made her do that. My dad doesn't give a shit about my sexuality. He loves Tori. Any ways, my mom would leave me at home for weeks on end for her boyfriend. Both of my parents are rich honestly. They just got someone to watch me. Usually it was some fucker who just wanted money. One even raped me when I was nine," I said and sighed.

"It's okay, mom," she whispered. I smiled and put my arm around her shoulder. "Did you tell your mom?"

"No. I just kept to myself. Fell into depression, started cutting, and even got suicidal. I started getting so scared of people. I'm telling you this because I never want you to feel like that. If you ever do, come talk to one of us. Victoria will help you and so will I. She's the sweetest person I know and she will help you. I don't want you to not talk to her because she's a ranger. She has a heart. A very big one. We'll both help you," I added. She smiled and nodded.

"Thanks," she whispered, " I've never had a home with parents who actually cared."

"Well now you do. Hungry?"

"Who isn't?"