Chapter 2

12 years ago.

Nick's POV

Demi's car sped off leaving me with our baby on the doorstep. I shut my mouth, I didn't realise my jaw had dropped so far. The baby looked like it had just been born a few hours before, I don't think she had even been cleaned, she was still covered in bits from the birth. 

I swore and picked her up, she began to cry.

"Hey, hey, its's okay." I said.

I couldn't take care of a child and what would my wife think and do? We already had children, it was hard enough taking care of the ones we had. I sighed and pulled her in, placing her on my chest. She immediately snuggled in and I sighed. There was no getting rid of the baby now. She was just too adorable. 

I drove to the hospital to get her checked over. They weren't pleased at all. They wanted me to give them the name of the biological mother so they could track her down and charge her with childhood abandonment. I said I didn't know her name, so they just wrote my name down on the certificate. Demi was not in the right headspace, mental health issues ran in her family and she struggled with them a lot. 

They asked for a name so I named her Ava. Ava Jonas.

I chose Ava because Demi once told me that she always wanted a baby called Ava and I felt as if she deserved to have that if she could have nothing else. 

*

Present day

Ava's POV

"Ava!" My dance teacher Miss Turner shouted.

I was in a dance class. Ballet to be specific. I came here every day after school for three hours to train. I wanted to be a dancer when I grow up, I loved it with every single fiber of my being. I was very good at it too. I won Nationals last year and I was planning to do so again. 

"Yes." I said.

She motioned for me to come over.

I ran over. You shouldn't keep Miss Turner waiting. When I reached her she turned and beckoned another girl. 

"Kacie!" She called to another girl I haven't seen before, she must be new.

She ran over.

"Ok girls, I've decided that you are going to be duet partners." Miss Turner said. "You are both the best dancers here and I want you to help each other improve to the best of your ability." 

Kacie grinned and nodded.

I nodded.

*

After dance class, I was sat in the changing room drinking my water. I was absolutely exhausted after dancing with Kacie. She was good alright she kept me on my toes and I was now burnt out. 

I was so tired but I still had 3 pieces of homework to complete when I got home. I groaned and texted Freddie asking if he would do any. He probably wouldn't but worth a shot.

"Hey Ava." Kacie came into the room smiling. She sat down next to me and began to untie her ballet shoes. 

"Hey." 

We were interrupted.

Sofia, Annie and Fiona all girls in my dance class came into the room and I was silent. I wasn't liked by the girls because I was better than them, which meant I had no friends at dance class. I didn't care though, I wasn't there to make friends I was there to dance. 

"Awww look girls. Ava can't get any other friends except the new kids." Sofia smirked.

"Look Kacie, Sofia can't apply fake eyelashes properly." I smirked. 

Kacie giggled.

"Listen midget. I'm the last person you want to mess with." She said to Kacie.

I stood up and got close to Sofia.

"Leave her alone." I ordered.

"Awww standing up for your new friend, how sweet." Sofia battered her eyelashes that were hanging off and put her hand on her heart.

"Don't worry about us, worry about your eyelashes." I grabbed my dance bag and walked out of the changing room.

I sat on a bench outside the dance studio waiting for Adam to come and collect me. He was always late but I didn't mind, I knew it was because he was arguing with either Georgie or Isaac to get in their car seats. 

Kacie came and sat on the bench next to me. She had a guilty smile on her face as she did. 

"I would never say things like that to them." She said.

"I have ten brothers and a sister. You learn." I gave her a small smile. 

Kacie's jaw dropped.

"10 brothers! I can't cope with 1!" She laughed.

I laughed.

"It's just clicked! Your the girl who stormed out of tutor time this morning!" Kacie said.

I nodded.

"I would never do that either." Kacie said.

"My dad is very high up in the war office, so I can get away with pretty much anything." I said.

She smiled, "That must be nice." 

Adam's car pulled into the car park.

"I've got to go." I said,

I dumped my bag in the car and told Adam to go.

"Who's your new friend." Adam asked.

"Kacie."

"Is that all I'm getting." He asked smiling.

I nodded and turned on the radio not wanting to talk about it.