Epilogue

*10 years later

"Kakashi."

"Shhh. Maybe if were very quiet, they'll go away."

"When has that ever worked?"

"I can still dream, can I not, Kari?"

I sighed, snuggling back into the warm chest of the man behind me. Kakashi slipped one arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Mom, come on! Rei's graduation ceremony is in a hour!"

"Kenji, we have plenty of time. Why don't you find Sai and ask him where Aunt Kat is? She left about thirty minutes ago to buy apples."

My second son rolled his eyes, but left the room. Kakashi and I had only moments to enjoy this solitude when Sasuke entered, carrying a young girl on his hip. The girl's hazel eyes gleamed in delight, and her silver hair was plaited down the back.

"Sasuke, did you braid my daughters hair?" Kakashi asked bemusedly.

"He did Papa! Sasuke nii-san said it would keep my hair out of my face while I train."

I propped myself up on an elbow, holding out my arms for the girl. She jumped down from Sasuke, and ran into my hug. The Uchiha leaned against the door frame, sending a small smile our way.

"Alright we're getting up. I've got to visit Naruto, he needed some help with something or other. I swear he's the most scatterbrained Hokage the Leaf has ever had." I looked back at Sasuke. "Where's Sakura? She's been so busy planning the wedding with Hinata I never see her any more."

"How should I know?"

"You're dating her, Idiot."

"Just because-"

Kat then made an entrance, falling through the window on the other side of the room. She glared outside, brushing off her clothes. "I swear, ever since Sai has started understanding sarcasm, my life has gotten a lot harder."

*****************************

Rei's long silver hair whipped around her shoulder, the braid already coming loose. Her new hitai-ate was tied around her neck loosely, just like mine. The young girl was currently riding around on Kenji's back. The boy, though only two year older than the girl, was taller by nearly a foot.

"I'm so glad at least one of our kids got my hair." I noted to Kakashi, as we watched from our seats in a cafe. Kenji's hair was as dark as mine, shimmering plum in the sunlight.

"He still got my eyes though" Kakashi relpied.

It's true. The only one of our three kids who got my hazel eyes was Rei.

"Hmm. Where's Aki? Still out? I thought he would be back today."

"Who said I wasn't?" Aki appeared at my shoulder, smiling brightly despite the slashes on his shoulder. Although the cuts were bloody, they didn't cover the ANBU tattoo etched on his skin.

"Hey kiddo. How was the mission?"

Aki laughed, healing the cuts on his shoulder with one hand. "Same old-same old. Shiori saved my ass, as usual. Ran into a spot of bother on the way home, that's why I'm a bit late."

I glared playfully at Kakashi. "At least you have a good reason for being late."

Kakashi feigned ignorance, sipping his tea and observing our two other children on the street.

Aki chuckled, then left to join his siblings. We watched as the three young shinobi laughed together, as the oldest ruffled the nine year old boy's raven hair.

"I suppose we did a good job with them." Kakashi murmured, lacing his fingers in mine.

My free hand gently skimmed the cloth over my left eye.

"I suppose we did."

*AN

There's the epilogue; now I get to start editing! Yay!

I'll probably be fixing the epilogue later, but this is fine for now

see ya

-Hanna