Broadway Is Calling

The couples landed in New York City as they took in the sights of the city. Noah and Gabe were feeling a little claustrophobic as they tried to catch a taxi. Lacy was in love as they got closer to the city. As they got closer to the hotel, Gabe was starting to have a sharp pain in his mouth. 

Gabe POV

I brought my hand up to the side of my face as the pain increased. Grace was smiling as she looked over at me. "What's wrong?" "I have a tooth ache." "Do we need to take you to the dentist?" "I'll be fine; I don't want you worry." We pulled up to our hotel as the door was opened by the valet. "Welcome to the Hilton." We all got out of the car as they grabbed our luggage. We were led to the front desk as Grace checked us in. The entire lobby was made of marble as a bellhop took our bags. I could hear people's shoes click across the floor. He guided us to a high floor and helped us into our room he handed Grace the key and she gave him a tip. We were staying in a suite that had two bedrooms and bathrooms. We were standing in the living room and small kitchen. We could see the street below with taxis and cars driving down the street. The Lacy went for the computer. "I think we should look for a few shows to see while we are here." She sat on the couch as she looked up shows. We sat around as we waited on the choices.

Lacy POV

I was looking through the choices as I read them off. "We have Hamilton the Musical, Kinky Boots, Waitress, Cats, School of Rock, Les Miserables, Finding Neverland, Chicago, and Aladdin are the plays that I haven't seen yet." "Which one would you like to see?" Noah was looking at me as he smiled. "I would love to see all of them but I know that isn't possible." Then Grace scouted closer to me. "I have all of this money burning in my pockets, I really don't want to take it home with me." "What about the surprise we talked about?" "I already set that up and it is all taken care of." "Are you sure?" "Yes, this a gift from us to you." I looked over at the two boys as they smiled at me. "What did ya'll do?" Then Noah sat down in front of me and took both of my hands. "You gave up your dream to be a wife and a mother to our children. We all wanted to give something back to you." "We?" "The entire family bought back the theatre in Hoonah." "Are you serious?" "Darling, would I lie to you?" I stood up as I hugged all of them. "The family is cleaning it up and the first week auditions happen when you get back." "I love all you so much. Thank you for doing this." Then Grace stood up. "I'm to go see the penthouse and see what is in there. I have already bought tickets to all of those shows. Then we are going shopping." "We went shopping when were at home thought." "I want to do something special with my best friend. Do you remember what we used to talk about, going to New York City together, and now we are here." I started tearing up as I walked over to give her a hug. "I love you." "I love you too." We pulled away as she walked towards the door and Gabe joined her. "We will call when we are ready to meet up with the two of you." Then they left as I turned towards Noah.

I put my arms around his waist and we stayed there for a few minutes. Then I lifted my head. "With all of these gifts going around, I have something for you too." I walked over to my suitcase when I pulled out a rectangle box and then I handed it to him. "Open it" He lifted the lid when he looked over at me. "I love it." It was a sold black chain with a silver symbol. I wrapped it around his neck and then he kissed me. "Thank you" Then I felt movement from both babies. I grabbed his hands as I placed them on opposite sides of my belly. "Our babies are moving." He sat on the couch as he kissed my belly twice and then he started talking to them. They kept moving as he kept talking to them. Then he looked up to me. "I love to find out the genders of our babies." "I actually had found out while we were at the lake house. The night of the fire, I was curious about that and they took my blood." "What did it say?" "I have it in an envelope but I didn't want to open it without you." I pulled it out of my purse that was sitting on the coffee table. I handed it to him as he opens it. "We are having a girl and a boy." I leaned down to kiss him and then I had a pain in my lower back. "Maybe I shouldn't do that." I stood up straight and he stood with me. "Why don't you go lie down in bed?" I nodded my head as I went into our room.

Grace POV

The doorman let me in the building and he led us to the top floor. We were handed a key when the elevator door shut. There was only one door as we walked over to it. I put the key in the lock and the door opened. I could see a view of the city as it looked down on Times Square. "When did my father even use this place? He would never live in a place like this but I guess he came more than I thought he did." "Didn't you say that he used to cases of up here and he was tired of paying a hotel bill?" "Very true" Then we turned to corner and we saw posters from different Broadway musicals with signatures from the cast. "Lacy would love these." "Why don't we send these home and we could spilt these up. I know Amelia would want one or two in her house." I grabbed the first one on the wall and set it on the floor. "We will need to get boxes tomorrow." Then I grabbed one for Phantom of the Opera and a safe was built into the wall. "Gabe, look at this." I turned the handle and it was unlocked. I see stacks of money that fill the entire safe. "Why would your father need to keep this much money at this apartment?" "I wouldn't know. Grab my purse and we will take some." "What are you going to do with all of this money that your father left you?" "I would keep some of it and then give the rest to charity. I would like to give it Broadway Cares that helps people with AIDS and HIV." "Why don't we leave it here until we find out what to do with it?" "I'll grab the phone to call them to meet us somewhere." He walked over to the phone as he took out a sheet of paper with the hotel's number on it. I sat on the couch as I rubbed my belly. Then I heard the click of the door when a shadow of a person appeared on the glass of a picture. "Who is it?" Then the shadow disappeared as the door closed again. I walked over to the door and I didn't see a thing.

David POV

It was a close call when Grace saw me in the apartment. I followed them around all day as they went shopping. Then I watched as they left the hotel and then they walked into the theatre that was showing Kinky Boots. My plan didn't work out but I would take her out soon. I just wanted to watch their every move.