2

Dear James,

I found out what that feeling was that I felt about you. It was love. I love you James Potter. But, I can't admit that. And you know Severus, right? Me and him have become good friends this year. I mean we both love one of you two. I love you, and Severus loves Lily. I thought that was pretty obvious though. Remember that time when we were at the Hogs Head and you told me I had butter beer on my lip. I blushed, then I remember you wiping it off. Good times. I think that gives a pretty good idea of who I am now.

Love,

The Slytherin who's friends with Severus Snape

I put down my quill and stuffed the letter in the drawer where I kept the other letters.

I walked to the quidditch pitch to watch the Gryffindors practice. James waved to me when he saw me on the pitch. I waved back. I noticed James was flying down to me. He stayed on his broom while he opened his mouth.

"Will you go on a date with me, Casey?"

I was silently cheering on the inside when he said these words.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked him making sure if he was serious.

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'. "So, is that a yes or no?"

"Sure." I answered him making sure not to be too enthusiastic about the whole 'James Potter asked me out on a date' thing.

The black-haired boy wearing glasses beamed at me. "Great, meet me at the Three Broomsticks at 12:00 on Saturday." He flew off to get back to his practice.