Part 2

I changed some things her mom did NOT die in a car crash! Read to find out how.

Lexi, Age 6, First grade

Vick, Age 8, Third grade

Austin, Age 10, Fifth grade

Lexi's POV

Flashback

It was my sixth birthday and my mommy let us go to the local mall to get anything we wanted. Daddy had to work late so he didn't come. We walk into the mall and I saw a Cato!

"Mommy! Mommy! Can we go there!" I say pointing at Cato.

"Anywhere you want it's your birthday." She said

I run over to the store while Austin was behind me . Mom and Vick were behind us. I find the necklace section. I look at all the necklaces then one caught my eye. It was a heart locket that was purple with some pink on the edges.

"Pretty" I said picking it up.

"Do you want that one?" Austin asked.

"Yes" I said

"Then lets go find mommy and Vick." He said taking my hand and walking to a different section.

We finally find them in the bracelet section. Vick picked out a shark tooth bracelet.

"Does everyone have something?" My mommy asked.

"Austin don't" I said

"Yes I do I picked it out when you were looking at the lockets" He said holding up an arrowhead necklace with something written on it.

"What does in say?" I asked

"Fearless on the front and Strong on the back" He said.

We go check out and buy the necklaces and bracelet. We were about going to walk out of the store when the intercom came on.

"EVERYONE STAY IN A STORE LOCK THE DOORS AND HIDE! DO NOT COME OUT UNTIL POLICE FIND YOU."

Then I heard bullets firing.

"Mommy I scared" I said clutching her arm.

"Everything will be alright lets go hide" She says while turning around.

Someone from the store comes and locks the store door as we walk to the back of the store. Austin and Vick hide behind a clearance rack and My mom and me hide behind a shoe display. About ten minutes later I heard glass shattering and a scream. I looked at my mom with fear in my eyes.

"Lexi go hide with your brothers and don't come out" She said

"No Mommy" I said. I didn't want to leave her.

"Lexi I love you and your brothers and I'm trying to keep you safe. Please go to your brothers" She said with tears in her eyes

"O-Ok Mommy" I said standing up.

I walked over to the clearance rack and saw Austin was trying to get Vick to stop crying then he looked up and saw me.

"Lexi? Why aren't you with Mom?" He asked me as I sat beside him.

"Mommy told me to come over here and she told me that she loved us" I said.

Then I heard mommy screaming.

"Mommy!" I yelled then I got up and ran to the front of the store. I was about going to see something a six year old should never have to see. I saw a stranger and my mommy she was standing but her hand was bloody and she had some cuts on her face.