ToS X Fairy Tail Part 2: Attack

"Ice Make: Shield!" Grey yelled as he leaped to protect Lucy. Spikes of ice rose from the ground defending them, and the spear flew into it. It lodged itself into the barrier. The red haired man ran towards them. He was fast. Inhumanly so. Natsu's hands burst into flames and exploded like a rocket, sending him to meet his enemy.

"Fire Dragon: Flame Elbow!" he screamed. Natsu's elbow soared towards the man, but he caught it and kneed him in the stomach. Natsu fell to the ground, but quickly recovered.

"Do you guys have to say what you're going to do every time you do it?" James asked him.

"Maybe?" Grey responded, not really knowing the answer. "I've never tried to use an attack without screaming beforehand."

"Guys, we're in the middle of a fight!" Lucy scolded.

"Yeah, sorry," James pulled out his spear and spun it around for the sake of showing off. "Elizabeth, remember that thing I always wanted to try, but never had the guts to do? Do it." She smiled and put her hand out. James took a runners stance. Flat earth shot from beneath him sending him soaring towards the battle. He prepared to attack. The glaive fell from the ice and flew towards its master who grabbed it just in time to defend himself. He'd used magic to pull it towards him. They clashed, and James thrust his spear forward. It hit the man in the jaw causing him to drop his defense for a fraction of a second. James used this opportunity to kick him down to the ground. "That was so cool!" James shouted to Elizabeth. "Oh, crap," the man was getting up. Natsu was ready for another round however, and Elizabeth and Tristan had joined them.

Makarov exited the building the guild hall. "What in God's name is going on?!" he asked.

"Mokarov, gather the guild and protect the city. Natsu and the mercenaries have this wizard under control. Lucy, Grey, and I can help you secure our walls." Erza told him.

"My team can handle that guy. You want me to come with you and defend this place?" Onsir asked.

"We'll take all the help we can get," said Erza.

The man and James swung their spears at each other clashing again and again. The man pushed him back as a shadow came from his body to attack. A torrent of air made by Elizabeth disintegrated the monster. Tristan struck the wizard once with his daggers, then ducked beneath Lucius's blade that was soaring towards his throat. He stabbed the man in the gut from his new lower position. It was well armored, but much of the blade broke through, and blood started flowing down. Tristan kicked the man back; he stumbled. "Hah. Gotcha."

"You guys are pretty tough," Natsu said as he recovered. "But he's not beaten yet!" Fire erupted all around Natsu's body. He let out a roar.

Meanwhile, Erza, Lucy, Grey, Onsir, and the rest of the guild were defending the city. A shadow creature swung his blade towards Onsir. He deflected the attack with his shield and countered, cutting the shade in half. The black, misty clouds it was made of dispersed and evaporated into the air. Erza cut one up with her sword, then spun around to take out another behind her. Her ruby hair was flowing gracefully in the wind. The sword glowed blue and disappeared. Replacing it were two daggers that she used to cut up another two of the monsters. The daggers then changed into a spear which she threw at a line of shadows. That one throw managed to strike down five of the creatures. Grey put his hands on the ground and a wall of ice emitted from where he stood. Any monster that came within three feet of it was disintegrated.

"Well," Onsir looked around at what they had done. "I got one of them! That's good, right?" He looked at Lucy. "You probably know what it's like. We're just a couple of pretty faces who bark out orders, but can't really do much in a fight."