Meeting the parents?

A/N Yoooo this is the first story in hopefully a series of Oneshots I'll be writing that will be updated twice a week hopefully (mostly solangelo but I might sneak some other ships in if I'm in a good mood and people want it but all will be PJO/HOO) This is also my first solangelo fic and I'm zazzed af so please be nice.

Basically in Trails Of Apollo there's a scene near the middle after Meg gets claimed where the campers all go to bed and there's a chunk where Nico stops being mentioned for the rest of that night in the book. I decided to write about Will walking him back to his cabin for the night.
I guess you don't technically need to have read TOA but it would help seeing as I suck balls when it comes to adding context. Enjoy!

Will tended to Sherman Yang's injuries as Apollo walked off almost sulkily back towards cabin 3. Will still found it strange seeing his dad mortal but he found it even weirder seeing the God the same age, or even younger than Will himself.
Will shook away the strange thoughts and after he finished cleaning and sealing Sherman's wounds he sent Kayla and Austin - who had finished assessing Connor Stoll's injuries - to help the campers back to their beds.

"You guys take these two back to their cabins I've got to take care of some stuff," Will ordered and furrowed his brow as Kayla began giggling slightly at his request.

"You know you can just say you're walking Nico back to his cabin for the night, we've told you it's chill with us," she laughed.
Will blushed and murmured his thanks to his siblings as they walked off with Sherman and Connor in tow.
Will turned to Nico with a half smile to see him fiddling with his skull ring and blushing slightly.

"It still feels weird having people know about us you know? I feel like everyone should have started hating me again or something," Nico stumbled over his words like he was finding it hard to talk.

"Well they don't so sadly you have to keep on dealing my with my siblings being disgustingly nice because for some reason, Death Boy they actually like you" Will joked trying to pull Nico's normal behaviour back out.

Pushing Will lightly as they walked towards the Hades cabin Nico cut back at the taller boy "Shove off Solace I'm amazing and you know it" but there was no real malice in his voice.
"Yeah sure Neeks if thinking that makes you happy go for it, but what's got you acting so nervous all of a sudden? You're not normally like this." Will worriedly brushed his hands over Nico's as they walked, only for the younger boy to grab it and intertwine his fingers with the taller half-blood's, squeezing lightly, reassuring Will subtly.

"Well I mean I did just meet your dad and you called me your boyfriend I think that warrants some nervousness"

"I'm sorry we haven't actually discussed labels properly so I guess I probably should have asked you before I said that. And also I thought you'd already met Apollo? Isn't he how you arrived here in the first place?" Will asked confusedly.

"I mean technically yeah I've met him but me and you weren't together then so I wasn't straight up terrified he'd flay me alive."

At this point the two boys had made it to cabin 13 and we're standing outside the door; Nico had stepped up into the raised doorway putting him at the same eye level as Will rather than 6 inches smaller as he usually was.

"You know the Gods don't care about all that stuff Neeks and I'm sorry about the boyfriend thing I just assumed that you wanted to, but if it's too soon then-"

"No! I-uh it's really it's not," Nico stuttered "I guess it was just a surprise is all, I didn't think you'd want to go official so soon"

Will let out a breath he hadn't realised he was holding.

"Nico would you officially like to be my boyfriend? I'm quite fond of the idea myself and with a good 2 months of dating under our wings I think now is the best time really" Will had a soft smile on his face during every word and when he finished speaking Nico had a subtle pink to his cheeks that was barely visible in the green lighting of the Hades cabin with a small smile on his lips.

"Of course I would you big buffoon I'd been hoping you'd ask for weeks now"
They stared at each other and leant in close for a few seconds until Will glanced down quickly at Nico's lips, the tension between the two boys rising until it seemed to snap and almost simultaneously they kissed, slow and messy as neither boy could stop the soft grins from forming on their faces from the contact.
Eventually they pulled apart resting their foreheads together.

"I don't think I'm going to be getting tired of kissing you any time soon Death Boy" Will murmured to his new boyfriend, their lips grazing together with every word.
"You're such a dork Solace, now go on you need to get back to your cabin and keep an eye on Apollo, I have a feeling he's not the only thing that's going to happen to camp in the next few weeks so he's going to need someone looking out for him"
"I guess you're right, I'll see you tomorrow for the three legged race yeah? We still gonna partner up?" Will asked starting to pull away.

"Of course Solace now get lost before the harpies come and steal you away from me" Nico pulled Will back in for a final quick kiss before pushing him away lightly and opening the door to his cabin behind him.

As Will began to walk away chuckling slightly, waving at the younger boy as he went Nico called out to his boyfriend,
"Hey Sunshine!"
"What?" Will called back as he turned around and began walking backwarks to his cabin grinning at the jokey nickname.

"Does this count as me having met your parents?" He asked hopefully.

"Not a chance Di Angelo! My mother has been wanting to meet you from the day she heard your name, there's no way I'm taking that from her!"

Nico groaned in response and put his head in this hands as Will walked of laughing to himself. As Nico lifted his head up just in time to see his boyfriend catch up with Kayla and Austin on the way back to the Apollo cabin he grinned. Maybe things were finally starting to brighter for Nico.

A/N Thanks for reading! I'll upload another one if people seem to like it 😊