Chicken Scratch

A/N Lol @IWrteFicNotTragedies can be to blame for this their fic got me all sad and shiz.

(also i realised y'all have no idea a what i look like or anything about me tbh so yeah the media pic is me (i'm 16, i have blue hair (now (the pics about a month old) but it's been brown, pink, blonde and silver since June but i'm going purple, red and possibly black in the next few months), i talk too much and i'm homoflexible and i overuse brackets and lower case i's! that's legit everything important about me you're welcome adios))

(tw- suicide/ self harm)

Nico's head was pounding as he unzipped the last body bag of his day and lay out the man inside on his table.

The morgue where Nico worked wasn't exactly the loudest place but even the barely audible breathing of Jason; his coworker and self proclaimed friend, was worsening the throbbing in his temples. He only wished to finish fast so he could get home and rest his head.

Nice hurried with the last one barely pausing to write down the details of the injuries on the butchered kadaver in front of him.

Deep horizontal slits lined the arms of the body, making Nico winced at the memory of the familiar sight he had come to know too well in the years after his sisters passing.

He felt sorry for the nameless man as he assessed the deepness of the cuts, attempting to determine if any were the specific cause of death.

Nico thought he had found it in the deep cut on the blond man's arm from the body's left elbow to his wrist just below his soulmate tattoo and in his migraine ridden state he almost didn't read the name placed there.

Almost.

Nico stopped.

His vision blurred for a second as he scrambled to see if his eyes had been telling him the truth. The dark haired boy glanced again at the limp arm in front of him barely believing what he saw.

In all his years Nico had thought he might never meet his soulmate. It just didn't seem like he'd ever find someone who loved him after losing his mother and sister in a fire when he was youger and with the only guy Nico had ever actually been interested in turning out to be a raging heterosexual but not once in all his angst filled thoughts had he seen this coming.

Nico's name was scrawled out in the jumbled chicken scratch he had been writing with since he was 6 years old right there on the body's wrist.

The dark haired man snatched up the patients file, searching for his name, not breathing until he saw it.

Printed across the top of the page was the surname he wished so hard not to see.

Solace.

Will Solace.

Nico stopped feeling. He saw the files in his hands go clattering to the floor but he didn't hear it. It was like he was in a bubble, drifting away from everything around him. Jason came running over at the sound, barely reaching the younger boy in time for him to collapse to the floor on his knees.

The last thing Nico remembered as he fell was the sight of his soulmate's lifeless arm flopping off the table Jason had knocked it from, leaving two words on show for him and the world to see;

Di Angelo.