"Girls too!?"

A/N Lmao I just remembered Nico is old af and is gonna have a bit more trouble than the average gay accepting himself so lol have fun  (I can't remember what year Neeks was born so correct me if you know I'm just gonna go random kk)

(tw- use of gay slur)

"So do you have a girlfriend here at camp then?"

Nico had been discharged from the infirmary a week before but for some reason Will Solace had continued to follow him around.

Nico had been trying to think of ways to get him to go away so he could brood in peace but the only current idea he had had, had been to ask the older boy as many personal questions as possible.(A/N wyd english why u letting me put had 3 times)

"What makes you assume I'd have a  girlfriend?" Will answered smirking slightly.

"Well I guess you're kinda attractive-"

'Gorgeous' Nico's brain corrected him.
'Shut up' Nico told his brain.

"-And you're pretty funny too. I don't see why you wouldn't have one?" Nico couldn't keep the slightly optimistic look out of his eyes so he just hoped Will didn't notice it.

"That's actually not what I meant but thank you anyway," he laughed.

"Uh-" Nico started but the older boy answered him before he could even stutter out the question.

"I meant what made you assume it would be a girl I'd be dating?"

Nico glanced around nervously, as if afraid someone would hear. Jason had explained to him while on the Argo II that things had changed since he was younger but he still didn't understand how Will was being so open about it.

"You mean your a.. uh..." Nico couldn't bring himself to say it. Even after telling Jason and confessing to Percy he still hadn't actually said the word to himself, nevermind anyone else.

Will's face hardened. Nico realised almost too late that his reluctance to actually say it might give off the wrong message.

"What Nico? You can't even say it? That I'm a fag, and that now you know you can't even look at me!? Gods Nico I never thought you of all people would be this against it."

Will was practically spitting his words at the younger boy with a look of what Nico thought looked like betrayal. But he knew it couldn't be, Will didn't care about him anywhere near enough to he betrayed by Nico.
Will looked like he was about to run off crying so in a last ditch attempt to stop him he blurted out;

"No, Will no it's not that it's just I've never met anyone else who was... well... gay,"

Will's fave softened as he heard in Nico's voice how hard it was for him to say that.

"It's just I was born in 1922 Will, back then being this way was enough reason for someone to kill you in your sleep. I know that things are different now Jason explained most of it but it's still new to me you know?"

By the time Nico had finished explaining himself a small smile had appeared on Will's face.

"You don't have to be afraid anymore Nico really, people nowadays are much more accepting and, whilst there's still some dicks who can't accept the changes we've made, things are way better now really. Hey did you know that they legalised gay marriage all across America a few months ago?"

Nico's eyes looked like they were going to explode from his head they were so wide.

"Even for girls?" He asked cautiously.

"Even girls Neeks," Will laughed.

"Hey don't call me that I don't do nick names" he grumbled blushing lightly.

"Well tough Death Boy you do nicknames now, and you have so much to learn honestly do you even know about the advances in feminism!? We have come so far in the past few decades...." Will couldn't help the grin from forming on his face as he told his younger friend everything he had missed out on whilst in the Lotus Hotel.