FORBIDDEN

"can you spell forbidden without lies?"

"try as i might, hidden in the curves of the letters, i cannot find the answer. punctured into my skin are the ghosts of guilt and still, i am blind to it. curious fingertips plunged into the outlawed earth under his feet, cognisant of hell hounds breathing down my neck, and only traces of lies sink into my flesh."

"can you spell forbidden without scandal?"

"perhaps my ears mistake the flutters of wind that bring tales of myself, i cannot determine which rings truth. flocks of larkins chatter of my scandals, they dance in time to the music yet i recognise no harmony. uncharted waters swirl with unrequited sympathy i do not wish to acknowledge, so my eyes slam shut."

"can you spell forbidden without punishment?"

"i have not even glanced at the next page but it hums under my bones in anticipation of my downfall. my blood, so softly spoken, now screams in my veins with the threats of punishment. my mind does not change as i lean to press my chapped lips to his because deleterious effects spike my dead heart."

"can you spell forbidden without secrets?"

"to put it simply, i cannot. to add further complexity to the conundrum, i believe i can see secrets devour forbidden acts whole."