Nesryn

My dark Raven hair flows as I sit on the ledge of a cliff, looking down on the small village that I called home. Sighing I watch as the sun begins to rise over the mountain peeks far off in the distance. Today is my seventeenth birthday, thirteen years ago my father Uther pendragon ordered me out of Camelot and out of his sight for the rest of his life. All I remember that day was screaming for my father as guards pulled me away, my older sister being held back as I was thrown in the wagon. My half brother screaming at my father. Then everything being set ablaze as I scream at the top of my lungs. Fire engulfed the courtyard as the wagon continued forward.

I had lost consciousness with the stress and sadness. For years now I have been trying to figure out why my father had down what he did, why he forced me away. I close my eyes and take of deep breath soaking in the sun as it shines on me. "Nesryn May Pendragon get your rear end down here and fetch the eggs for me." I hear a voice call from down the cliff. Martha stood at the bottom of the cliff looking up at me. She was a large women that lived in a cottage next to the mountain. She took me in and raised me since she couldn't have children of her own. She was kind and gentle but had a serious attitude.

I smile and start climbing down. Reaching the bottom I grinned at her. "Guess what today is?" I say smiling brightly at her. "Hmmmm is it national get the eggs day?" She says raising an eyebrow. "Then you better go get them." She says handing me a basket and pushing me in the direction of the chicken coop. I sigh as I look at the Hens sitting on their nests. My eyes flash gold and all the eggs start floating and land straight in my basket.

I walk out of the coop and towards Martha as she hangs a few cloths on a line. "You gonna guess yet?" I say sitting down on the ground resting my elbow on my knee. She stops what she was doing and looks at me. Reaching out her hand she pulls me off the ground. "How could I forget my beautiful daughters birthday." She smiles at me warmly. "Happy birthday Princess Ness" she says pulling me into a tight embrace.

It has been years since I was called my my royal title. We walk inside and had breakfast. Then later in the evening we have dinner. Holding my stomach I look at Martha "thank you Martha, this was the best birthday yet." I say smiling. "Well I have one last surprise for you." She says standing "now close your eyes and don't peek" she says as she walks to the back of the room. I shut my eyes and wait for her to say something.

"Ok open them" she says. I open my eyes and beheld the most beautiful dress ever. It was blue and made out of silk. "Did you make this?" I said pressing my hand to the fabric. "I sure did and it took me forever to do it with you around all the time." She says chuckling. I smiled brightly and took it behind the screen.

I put it on and smiled at the perfect fit. I walk out and twirl for her. She smiles and hugs me again. "I'm glad you like it." She says I beam at her "I love it" we clean up dinner and she pulls out a piece of paper. "Also your father wanted me to give this to you when you turned seventeen." She says handing me the envelope. I frown and sit down opening the letter.

Dear Nesryn,
If you are reading this then happy birthday. I told Martha to give this to you but I guess you already knew that. I wanted to explain myself to you, for my actions must have been confusing and harsh. But you will understand after I explain. The day you where born was a proud day Arthur and Morgana were so happy to have another sibling. They loved you especially Morgana. She wouldn't let you go, I wouldn't have either but you had something that I was against. Magic. The power corrupts and darkens the heart of men. It makes them lose their minds and all they seek is power and darkness. You have to understand I did it for the good of the Kingdom and I kept corruption out of it. I hope you understand and know that I had Giaus erase Arthur and Morganas minds, they have no idea about your existence and that is why they have not come after you. Please understand and don't ever forget.
Sincerely, Uther Pendragon

Tears ran down my face as I read the last sentence. I rip up the paper and toss it into the fire. Martha looks at me Pity in her eyes she hugs me as I cry. I cry and cry until I fall asleep.

My eyes shot open as the door of the small cottage blows off. I sit up as a women walks in her hair as black as Raven, green eye pierce into mine as she smiles warmly tears starting to form in her eyes. "Nesryn....?"