Camelot

"She must have been very exhausted because I can't find anything wrong with her." I hear an old mans voice say. I slowly open my eyes and see the boy in the woods and a old man sitting next to him. I recognize him as Giaus but I have no idea who the boy is.

I groan as I sit up from the bed. "Where am I?" I say holding my head. "You are in Camelot, now take it easy child." He lays me back down. "It's probably best if you rest, that way you won't feel the bump on your head." I slowly close my eyes and drift back into sleep.

I wake up a few moments later, I sit up and look around. I was completely alone. I stand up and shake the dizziness off. I walk to the door and peek out into the hall. No one was around I walk down the hall and turn a corner bumping into a lady. "Oh my please excuse me." She says politely "oh no it's my fault" I say

She looks at me "have we met before?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "No I don't think so." I say shaking my head. "Oh well I'm Guinevere." She says holding out her hand. "I'm........ Ness" I say not using my full name. "Nice to meet you Ness." She says shaking my hand.

"Well I have got to be going, the Queens got a lot of work." She says walking away with a final wave. I wave back, that's the queen, I guess Arthur has married. I think to myself I start walking down the hall when the boy in the woods sees me. "Hey." He yells as he walks to me. "I see you are feeling better." He says smiling at me. "Oh yes, much." I say giving him a sweet smile.

"By the way I'm Merlin." He says holding out his hand. "Ness" I say shaking his hand. "Well I've got to go King Arthur wants me to polish his armor He says walking off. "Which way is Arthur do you know?" I ask stopping him. "He's in the throne room currently." He says pointing in the direction for me to go. "Thank you" I say bowing before walking away.

I wait outside listening on his speech from the inside. "People of Camelot, the evil sorceress Morgana has been plotting to attack any time now. We must be vigilant and expect the unknown." He finishes his speech and everyone started leaving. Once everyone left I walk in. The king was resting his head on a round table.

"You are Arthur Pendragon I presume" I say looking at the king. "That is correct" he says standing from the table. "Who might be asking?" He asks walking closer to me. I bow "Ness, my lord." He nods and turns to walk away. "What distresses you my lord?" I ask quickly before he left. "Nothing that concerns a commoner." He says walking out of the room.

The guards usher me out of the throne room. I sit back down on the bed in Giauses  chamber. The old man wanders in "you're up I see." He says grabbing a book. He looks at it flipping through the pages when he finally looks up. "Does Arthur know you're here?" Gains says raising his eyebrows at me.

I shrug my shoulders "why does it matter?" I ask looking down at my feet. He hums as he looks through another book. He slowly walks around to me. "So my dear child where are you from?" He says sitting next to me. "The town of Glendel." I say looking into his eyes. "What are you doing here in Camelot?"
"My mother sent me."
He looks at me arching an eyebrow. "Your mother, what is her name?"
"Martha"
He looks at me and we sit in silence for a while. Merlin barges in covered in rotten vegetables. "What happened this time?" Giaus said chucking. "Arthur thought I was in the tavern yesterday. I wonder who told him that?" He says sarcastically putting his hands on his hips.

"That reminds me, did you meet our guest Merlin?" Giaus says glancing between me and him. "Ah yes I did, I met her in the hall going to polish armor." He says nodding to me. "Well I think I'm gonna get some air." I say walking out. I go out into he courtyard and walk out of the town. I breath in the fresh air and look around my surroundings.

The wind blew and the sun was starting to set. I walk farther into the woods when I see the familiar black dress laying against a tree. Her black hair held up in a bun and her eyes closed. She looked peaceful as she slept. I walk closer to her, I sit down next to her and look into the woods. "I wonder why she killed my father." I think to myself. I jump as she moves into a more comfortable position.

I look at her, her face was pale and she seemed really tired. I yawn and suddenly a knife was to my throat. "Back away slowly from her." The voice says. I slowly obey standing up. "Who are you?" The voice says behind me. "My name is Nesryn." I say hiding any sign of fear. Morgana jolts awake at the sound of my name. "Agravaine release her now." Morgana says anger lacing her voice. The blade was removed from my throat and Morgana puts her arms around me holding me in a hug. "I thought you were dead" she whispers
I look at her smiling "I'm fine" I say reassuring her.

"We must leave" she says grabbing my hand. I started following when Merlin stood out of the shadows. "You are not taking her anywhere Morgana" he says