Chapter Sixteen: Julia DeBeau

Hey guys, this will be quick but its an update! Yay :)  

In Julia's POV :O New, I know.

Chapter Sixteen: Julias POV

It's miserable being upon this horrible ship! It's only day two of my capture and already I'm eagerly eyeing the small window to jump through to end my life. No, I made a promise. The beasts will pay. 

"Oh no.." I groan out loud. I stagger over to the rusty tin bucket and heave what's left of last nights dinner  in to it. The foul oder of my own makings almost makes me heave again but thankfully, nothing is left in my stomach. 

I wrinkle my nose in disgust at myself. Slowly, I rise back up onto my feet, meeting my reflection in the mirror and I almost cry. My beautiful curly hair is a tangled mess pulled into a dreadful looking bun in a hopless attempt to make myself look decent. My face is sickly pale and dark circles mark my eyes making me look like a vengeful ghost! My nightgown, my beautiful silk nightgown, is dirty and wrinkled! Fury boils through my veins, I am a lady! I should not be treated in this way!

Carefully I make my way over towards the door, and I mustered up enough strength to pound on the door as hard as I can. I step back, respectfully waiting for the two montsterous men to open the door to hear my demands. Moments go by with no effect, so I pound on the door again. It's not lady-like to shout, keep that in mind. 

Finally the sound of a lock opening jingles and the wooden door swings open. I gasp, taking a step back with my hand over my mouth and nose. What is this foul creature!? 

"I demand to know who you are!" I say through my hand. The man laughs, a sound that sent shivers down my spine. What a horrible sound!

"Bah, what do ye be needin now lass?" The man speaks. His voice is deep and rumbles with each word spoken. His black hair is long, greasy, and unkept that falls to his shoulders in wild, tangled curls. He's fairly large with an awful looking scar just below his neck that travels up to his ear and wide shoulders from years of work. 

I square up my shoulders and take in a small breath. "First of all, I'm a lady and will be treated as such! I will not submit to being called lass. Second-" The man throws his head back, letting out another awful laugh. "How dare you intrupt me!" 

"Ye listen 'ere. I be not takin orders from the likes of you. A spoiled lit'l brat." He spits out. My mouth drops open in shock. How dare he speak to me in this manner! 

Someone clears his throat from behind my guard who whirls around, his back facing me now. I shudder, he has many open ozzing boils along his shoulders and opened, infected wounds. "Now, what be goin' on 'ere?" A surpisingly gentle voice speaks with authority. 

Nate? I peer over the man, trying to see who it is but to no avail, he's too tall. However, he steps to the side, not saying a word. 

A small, cleaner looking man steps towards the open doorway. His thinning, white hair is pulled back behind a green bandana in desperate need of replacement. His grey eyes are soft and warm, full of concern as he looks over at me, respectfully. As he gets closer, I smell a faint scent of sweetness. 

"Ye must be Julia." He says simply. He turns to the gaurd, waving him away with a careless flick of a hand. To my shock, the unruly man obeys.

"Who are you?" I ask carefully. 

The man waits until he was sure my guard was gone before speaking. "My name is Howell O'Mally and I'm pleased to make your acquantice." This man actually speaks in proper english!? He chuckles, "Yes, I'm somewhat civilaized."