Chapter Twenty Three: The Piano

Sorry about the long wait

Julia's Pov

Two days. Two bloody days I have been on this ship in the middle of the ocean heading towards only god knows where. I'm constantly surrounded with beastly men that smell absolutely horrid. I swear when I passed one this evening to fetch my meal he growled at me, a sound which made me shudder and sure to give me nightmares tonight! 

Wandering around the ship has proven to be just as boring as staying in my, well Nate's, chambers. The smells from the crew seemed to have been absorbed by the ship's walls and to only leak out again to smell even worse! There aren't even books to help abide my time! 

When I'm lucky, I am able to catch a few words with Howell but our chats are never long as he always has to attend to his duties. Talking with Nate... well I tend to avoid him because he greatly frightens me. Something about his dark look in his deliciously golden eyes tend to give me the chills.

Wait, what? 

Shaking my head from my thoughts, I nod my head as thanks at the large cook who made a wonderful dinner for me but he only grunts in acknowledgment. His deep brown eyes never looking up from his preperations. I sigh, missing the usual formalities of society although, I am very much grateful at the fact that the cook aboard the ship is actually a great one; and keeps himself somewhat cleaner than the rest of the crew. 

I close the door behind me gently and tread softly back to Nate's room to get my usual early nights sleep. I pass by the same beautiful wooden door that leads to Charlie's room but today the usual silence that greets me is replaced by a heartbreakingly beautiful... music.

Piano music sounds out from behind the always closed, silent door. Delicate music notes weaves together into a beautiful song but yet fills my heart with a heavy saddness. I turn to look at the delicate purple and blue stained glass window that has her name made out in white glass, listening further to the song. With my curiosity taking over my better judgement, I lean up to the toes of my feet to look inside, in hopes to see who is playing.

I fall back down, slightly disappointed that I wasn't able to see anything. I nibble on my bottom lip, glancing side to side and see no one approaching. Moving on its own, I feel my fingers grab the cold iron, door handle and slide it down. Surprise riddles through me as I hear the door clicks and swings open with ease. My heartbeat quickens with the nervousness of entering forbidden territory but I must find out who is playing. 

Maybe I shouldn't enter, I briefly thought to myself but curiousity gets the better of me. With one last glance over my shouler to ensure no one was coming down the hall I step into the room, following that beautiful sound.

The door opens quietly and I slip inside, shutting it behind me. I gasp at the massive beauty and size of Charlie's bedroom. A large, gold trimmed french window allows large amounts of light to spill into the room, illuminating it in a warm and inviting glow. The window is decorated with thick, crimson curtans giving it a grand, elegant feel that I had not expected from a pirate. She is indeed still a woman, I thought to myself, moving further into the room. Across the window is a large maple wardrobe that has two rearing horses carved into the doors, painted an off white. 

A maple wood, four poster bed sits in the center of the room, with silky sheets that match her curtans, trimmed in gold again. I had not noticed the music stopped playing while I walked forward to the window. Next to the window is a book shelf with matching wood to the dresser, lined with many books. 

Glancing out the window and for the first time I see the beauty of the ocean that it offers. The sun has started to set among the calm waves making the ocean's water look like liquid gold. Then, a dark shadow looms over my shoulder intrupting my awe and my breath catches in my throat in fear. I scold myself for being so stupid to allow myself get caught in here! 

A deep, dangerous voice speaks from behind me, riddling me with fear. "What are you doing in here?" I turn slowly and meet the dark, angry eyes of Captian Nate and in the corner of my eye I notice the shining silver grand piano thats sitting in the corner of the room. 

I'm in deep, deep water.

Uh oh, what's going to happen? Enjoyed it? Leave your thoughts below!