Chapter 8- Damon

The truck sat idling, the motor softly rumbling, in front of Damon's house as he slid closer to Tyler. That was one of the best things about trucks, bench seats. No arm rests jabbing into your sides when you were making out. Not that Damon was planning on making out with Tyler at the moment, he couldn't let his family see him like that, but he couldn't resist giving him one last lingering goodbye kiss.

Pressing his lips softly against Tyler's, Damon couldn't help the sigh that worked its way out of his chest.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked gently as he pulled back a little to look Damon in the eye. Tyler softly ran his hand through Damon's hair, waiting for a reply.

A smile worked its way onto Damon's lips as he sat there, not saying anything, just continued to gaze thoughtfully at his best friend, his boyfriend. His smile widened as his heart gave a sudden thump in response. He hadn't thought he'd want an actual relationship with someone, let alone a boy, but he couldn't deny how just thinking of Tyler being his brought a smile to his face and a feeling of joy to spread through his heart.

"Nothing's wrong, just happy." Damon said quietly with a content smile on his face. He watched as Tyler closed his eyes briefly, breathing in deeply. Tyler let his breath out slowly as he opened his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Me too." Tyler said softly, his fingers still playing with Damon's hair. Slowly, Tyler leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss on the corner of Damon's mouth. "You better go, I don't want you're parents getting upset." His breath caressing Damon's cheek as he spoke.

Damon's body tensed up slighty at the mention of his parents, but gave a small nod in response. He hated being home, his parents weren't going to be winning any parenting awards any time soon.

"Hey, it'll be fine. And if it's not, then call me, or just come over. Don't do anything stupid, okay?" Tyler said. Damon could hear the genuine concern in his voice, it relaxed him a bit. Knowing Tyler cared made stepping into that house a lot easier.

"Ok. Thanks, Ty." Damon said. He gave him one last quick kiss before sliding over towards the door. His hand was on the handle, ready to open the door when Tyler spoke.

"Of course, you know I'd do anything for you. You're my best friend, and now my boyfriend too." Tyler chuckled a little as he finished speaking. Damon grinned at the window, glad Tyler always knew how to make him feel better.

"Yeah, I am. I guess that means you can't bitch about picking me up for school anymore, huh? That's what good boyfriends do, right?" Damon teased, looking over his shoulder at Tyler, showing him the smile on his face. Tyler just laughed as he pushed Damon's shoulder, shoving him towards the door.

"Don't push your luck, jerk." Tyler said jokingly. Damon knew he'd pick him up either way. He always had and wouldn't stop now. "Now go. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Alright, alright, I'm going." Damon said, opening the truck door, stepping out onto the cracked sidewalk. He turned around to shut the truck door. He smiled at Tyler one last time before he closed the door as gently as possible. Tyler hated it when he slammed the door, especially when Damon did it on purpose. Damon gave a small wave of his hand as Tyler put his truck into gear, pulling away from the curb with a wave goodbye of his own.

Slowly turning around, Damon starred at his house, dreading the moment he walked through the bright red front door. He never knew what to expect, never knew if he'd be walking into an eerily quiet house, or the next World War. But one thing was always certain, he would never leave until he had to. He may hate living here, but he hated the thought of his siblings left alone with that God awful woman more. He wasn't a coward, and he wouldn't start acting like one anytime soon.

Running his hands through his hair, Damon sighed heavily, his good mood vanishing in an instant. "Lets get this over with, shall we?" He muttered to himself as he walked up the broken walkway leading to the front porch. The wooden porch stairs creaked slighty as he stepped up them slowly. He wasn't going to rush inside, not if he could help it. Pausing at the front door, his hand resting on the cold metal handle, Damon took a deep breath. Letting his breath out slowly, he listened intently, trying to determine what he would be walking into once he opened the red door. Not hearing anything, Damon twisted the handle, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Damon let out a sigh of relief when he was met with absolute silence as he opened the door. He could only hope it would last. Kicking off his shoes, he bent down to pick them up, he had learned long ago to not leave anything laying around. It guaranteed a good beating if he did. Not that he couldn't protect himself, he was 6'3 and practically all muscle, but he knew the consequences if he did.

"Where the hell have you been?" Her words biting and cold. Damon stiffened immediately, he had been hoping he could avoid a run in with the wicked witch. He stood up abrutly, not willing to be at a disadvantage when she was in the room. His fists clutched his shoes tightly, holding on to them instead of throwing them at the woman who made his life a living hell like he wanted to.

"Out." Was all he could manage to grind out between his clenched jaw. His back was still turned to her, he couldn't see her reaction, but he could feel the anger radiating off of her. He should of expected it, but he had been to busy concentrating on not turning around to beat the hell out of the soulless woman behind him.

He was too stunned to react immediately, his breath gasping out before he could stop himself. He fell face first onto the hardwood floor, his arms shooting out at the last minute to take the brunt of the fall, his shoes flinging out of his hands. His back throbbed and his vision swam for a moment before he heard her laughing, cruel and hard. He could hear her hatred for him, he didn't understand it, but that didn't matter right now. All he knew was that if he didn't get out of the house he would end up beating her to death, and he wasn't about to ruin his life because of her.

He sucked in a deep breath before jumping up as quickly as possible, turning to finally glare at the woman. He took in the bat clutched tightly in her hands, still poised as if she was ready to hit him with it again.

"What the hell is your problem?" Damom said hotly. If he didn't leave soon he'd surely be in jail by the end of the night. He knew she was a crazy bitch, just never thought she'd resort to hitting him for no reason. He watched as her hands flexed around the baseball bat, her face tight as if hearing him speak grated on her nerves.

"Whatever do you mean? Don't you want to give mommy a kiss?" She sneered at him. Damon had to resit the urge to smack the sneer off her face.

"You're not my mother. Just the whore my father married after my mother died." Damon spat at her. He could feel his body shaking in anger and his jaw ached he was clenching his teeth so hard.

"How dare you! Get out! Get out now, you ungrateful brat!" She screamed at him, taking a step closer to him, the bat raised, ready to strike him if he refused. Her eyes were wild and her face flushed.

"Gladly." Damon said with conviction. He didn't even bother to grab his shoes, just pushed past his Step-mother and slid out the front door, slamming it behind him as he went. Running down the steps of the porch, Damon took deep calming breaths, trying to calm his racing heart.

"Fuck!" Damon exclaimed, running his hands over his face up into his hair, tugging at the strands tightly. He quickly made his way down the cracked sidewalk, not once looking back. He just needed to get to Tyler's house, he really needed him to look at his back, he could already feel a bruise forming. Damon sighed heavily, already knowing what Tyler would say about it. He knew he needed to tell someone, and guessed that now was probably that time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: okay so I have no idea how long this is, but I couldn't write anymore. Hope you all like it and I will try to update soon.

Let me know what you think!

Vote. Comment.

♥♡♥

~Tory~