Five - Funf - We Were Bound To Bunny Hop

3:00 pm December 15th 2014, Berlin

Before I had unknowingly got back to my hotel after a close shave with Hindenburg, Kurt told me to come back today. The reason being he had a day of military leave that went from mid-day today until mid-day tomorrow. Some of his friends that he made in the brief Cadet training in September also had the privilege of receiving this leave while posted round the city. What was their plan? How were they going to spend their night off? Dancing, Kurtis Fredrik Müller was taking me dancing. He'd told me what I needed, since the apparel I was used to wearing stood out like a sore thumb in wartime Berlin.

This was the reason why I was enjoying the spa facilities at the hotel, especially the massages. I had been running round all possible shops near Zoologischergarten trying to find skirts, shirts and jackets that I could wear. It turned out to be very hard to find something that spoke the era '1914' dress. Eventually I settled on a burgundy velvet dress. I paired it with a strand of black silk around the waist so it hugged at my sides and made me look curvier than I was. The neckline was in the shape of a – V – on the front and back and barely covered my shoulders. I would wear my poncho and some black boots with heels I rarely wore. I should be able to walk around without stares.

Secretly, I was hoping the massage would release some of the nerves that kept flip turning in the pit of my stomach. I was always nervous when I went to see him, he made me feel something that I didn't want to, but it was undeniable already. My parents had decided to attend the opera again, and much to my delight they would also be out until after midnight. I'd asked Jared if he wanted to do a date night, full well knowing that he would say no, but it didn't hurt to try and show some interest. As expected, he was laid out on the bed with his laptop, papers surrounding him and a pen in his mouth and he typed away furiously.

"Sorry honey, maybe another night."

"Its fine, I might go explore a bit more, if you don't mind?" He simply nodded in response, he eyes still fixed on screen, the bright light glaring back at him, illuminating his face.

I acted slightly hurt, but in reality I was now, again, thankful he was so engrossed with his work because I knew I could escape with no questions asked. I'd kept up a late night walk routine for the past few days, easing suspicions created by my parents and evolving it into a newfound habit I had taken up. You'd think your daughter was going insane if only on certain nights she was disappearing and returning at midnight or later.

Mum and Dad left at five to attend dinner at a fancy restaurant closer to the opera house. A grey cloud and dull atmosphere was hanging over our room with Jared, therefore I asked for the spare key for my mother's room from Hero, who still, looked terrified and about to be physically sick.

I slipped back into Jared and I's room, picking up the things I needed, make up, my dress, the poncho and boots. I nonchalantly told Jared where I was going, he replied with and answer that was incoherent, but a quick wave of the hand told me to be on my way. I took the lift up to the next floor and opened my parent's room. Of course, it was always neater than any room I inhabited. Then I set to work.

10:30pm

Once again, I felt like the brunette version of Marilyn Monroe and I was in love with the way the burgundy velvet hung over my body. If I had a choice, I would go to 1914 and stay there, I loved the fashion of that time and in the next few decades to come. I was also feeling a slight fondness towards the men of the era, I was wishing their fashion taste came back, a rebirth of the classy workman. Spraying another mist of hairspray over my hair and re applying my ruby red lipstick for the third time, I was ready to go.