Seven - Sieben - Raised Voices and Relatives

11:00 am December 18th 2014, Berlin

It seemed to be, whenever I made up, there was a break down. So I was waiting for it when I returned from breakfast this morning, to find Jared not sat at his laptop. Instead, he was sat at the end of the bed, playing round with his Rolex, because what business man doesn't have a Rolex? None as far as I'm told. It was a surprise, because normally I would have been greeted with 'shhhh' when I walked in, typically he's got a phone call by now and would continue to be occupied for the rest of the day. Now, I was greeted with:

"Babe, I think we need a talk."

Now, from the movies, when someone says that the outcome is never good. You go back and forth with the 'its not you its me' crap and we'll end up in some emotional mess. But that in the movies, and Jared knows how to argue with me because I'm incredibly stubborn.

"Sure honey, what about?"

"These late night walks where you don't come home till the early hours." He said in one breath, sighed dramatically after, looking back down at his lap, averting his gaze from me.

This time it was my turn to sigh, I didn't know how to even word my answer. I didn't think I could answer, it was so absurd that only I could believe it myself but, only because I had experienced it.

"Oh, those."

I took a seat behind him at the head of the bed, waiting for him to turn around.

"Where do you go? What could talk you so long, you come back at half one in the morning!" He was exasperated already.

Jared had a short tempter, but then again so did I. But I had enough courage to argue with me father, so I didn't even flinch when Jared shouted, he knew shouting didn't scare me but he did it anyway. I was then stubborn, I refused to go down and surrender in a fight, I would always come out on top. I had a choice and a voice.

"I go to the gate, walk round the Reichstag, take my time, enjoy it."

"But at so late at night?"

"Its silent."

He frowned, in his life someone was always talking, there was always a constant mutter of voices surrounding him, sheltering him from the defending sound that silence could be. This was where we clashed, Jared couldn't stand it being quiet, where as I loved it. In my job I was always talking to people, making conversation and concluding diagnosis with other doctors. I was in constant interaction with people, quite similar to Jared. But, when I finished a day's work, I wanted to sit down with nothing but maybe the TV on and relax, have some peace and quiet. But I never achieved it because Jared would come home and put the radio on, chat away about his business to me until he went to bed and make sure there was never a pause.

"But what is so inviting about the availability of silence, you can get silence here in the room." He turned round and eyes me, making a gesture around the room.

He didn't understand.

"Because, when I come to the hotel room I don't get silence." I practically seethed at him. His eyes narrowed.

"Yes, yes you do." He replied, in an oddly calm manner.

"No, Jared I don't," I tried to compose myself, stop myself from flying off the hook, "When I come to the hotel room, I hear your voice, and don't get me wrong I love you but this is a holiday! I'm not supposed to hear about your work every day, or you on the phone to your work, and after some time it gets irritating!" I pushed myself up onto my knees to look down at him. He stood up.