Observation

Akihito stared into the fridge. Of course it was empty, Asami didn't exactly strike him as the cooking type. Well, it wasn't entirely empty but alcohol did not count as food contrary to what Asami seemed to think. He shut the fridge and opened the freezer underneath to find a few different sizes of ice cubes and nothing else. He sighed. He wanted to make something for dinner as a small gesture of thanks for staying with Asami for the last three days. Not that Asami minded of course. He had been quite keen to make full use of having Akihito around and it had left him feeling drained enough that he had spent the times Asami wasn't home either sleeping or lazing around on the couch with the TV remote in hand. While he enjoyed eating takeout over the last few days he was starting to crave a home cooked meal and he was sure Asami would appreciate it as well. With another small sigh, he swung the freezer door shut and went in search of his phone.

Finding it on the couch, Akihito scrolled through his contacts and paused over his soulmates name. He was pretty sure he had entered it as 'Asami' but it was staring out at him as 'Ryuichi'. Asami himself must have changed it when Akihito was passed out after their rigorous activities. Asami had taken him a little too seriously on the idea of having him at the penthouse as a sex toy for the week. Akihito flushed and pulled himself back to the present. Damn the man, just looking at his name had Akihito's mind wandering and his heart starting to beat faster. He took a deep breath, steeling himself and hit call. He found himself nervous while his listened to the ringtone and scowled at the wall. Would he ever get used to this?

"Hello kitten."

That deep, rumbling purr sent shivers down his spine. Akihito was pretty sure his voice affected him even more now. How that was even possible? He was still trying to get his brain into gear enough to reply when Asami spoke again sounding far too smug, bastard probably heard his breath catch when he answered.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

"So do you just live on alcohol or something?"

"Not at all."

"Then why is there nothing else in your fridge?"

"Ah, would you like me to order you something?"

"I was going to cook but you don't have any ingredients, I looked in the cupboards and you have all these fancy pots and pans and appliances and yet you don't even have salt and pepper or spices or anything. Do you just live on takeout?"

"I often have meals with business partners at various restaurants around city so I eat well."

Akihito made a non-committal sound at the back of his throat. "How are you not fat?"

A deep chuckle met his ears, "I work out of course, surely it's obvious?" Akihito flushed. That's true, there was no way he got that body from doing nothing. Those were some seriously drool worthy muscles and he could vividly picture them glistening with sweat and rippling and flexing... He coughed, trying to cover his zone out and he could swear he could hear Asami's smirk.

"I don't know how the hell you get that much time. Anyway, food. I want to cook but I really don't have the energy to walk to the supermarket."

"I'll message Ueda, he can drive you. I left a card for you on the bedside table, it's a second credit card for my account for you to use."

"I can pay for some groceries, I don't need you to pay for everything bastard."

"Considering that you will have to get everything as apparently there is nothing in my cupboards, use it at least this once." Akihito grumbled but agreed. "Keep the card, if you ever need anything, use it."