Chapter 5: Please Dont Give Up

Maya's POV

(this is before they found the sweatshirt)

"We need people to think she is dead," I hear voice. I couldn't tell who it was though. Earlier I could.

"What if we just take this sweatshirt and dip in red wine, so they think it's blood," says the same voice. It must be a different guy but I can't tell.

"Good idea," I hear. "Let's do it." I wanted to say something but I can't. My brain can't even tell voices apart. So this is a coma? It doesn't matter, they I can't let them fool people. I know my mother, she'll give up. She'll give up on herself, on Shawn. Everyone will give up. Riley won't though.

Riley's POV

"It's going to be at the gas station," Josh says. "Where she was kidnapped."

"I'm going to go change," I say.

"We should all wear something respectful," My dad says.

"It's not a funeral though, there is no proof she is actually dead," Josh snaps. I could hear the pain in his voice. Eric figured out what Josh feels for Maya, but he can't completely fix Josh.

"It's like it though," Katy sobs. She's given up. How can she give up?

"Katy and Corey are right," Shawn says. "Katy and I will meet you guys there."

"I'm sorry Josh and Riley, but I have to agree also," Uncle Eric says.

"Is that it? Are we going to go just because we think she is dead?" I ask. "Because we've given up?"

"Riley, we aren't giving up on Maya, but the sweatshirt-"

"The sweatshirt. You are going to believe a sweatshirt?" I snap.

"Riley," My father begins.

"I'm going to go get dressed," I mumble. So it's only Josh and I who haven't gave up yet? Thats nice to know that my parents, Maya's parents, even Uncle Eric are giving up. I'm never going to give up on Maya. Neither is Josh. Wait what about Lucas, Farkle, Zay, and Smackle? They probably haven given up too, expect for Farkle. I grab my phone off of my bed and call Farkle.

"Riley? What is it?" I hear Lucas say.

"You're on speaker," Farkle says.

"It's Maya," I begin to sob. "They found her sweatshirt covered in blood. Tonight come to the gas station she was kidnapped at. It's going to be like a funeral, expect no professional speaker. Just a lot of candles and flowers." It was dead silence for a moment, then I could hear Smackle begin to cry.

"There is no conformation she is dead though," I quickly add.

"Riley, I'm so sorry," I hear Lucas say. He's given up, so has Smackle. I can't believe Lucas, how could he give up on Maya? She is still alive, I know it.

"We'll be there," Farkle says. I end the call and throw my phone back onto my bed. I head over to my closet and grab a dress. It was white, with a blue illusion and a blue bow on my waist.