Chapter 9: The Dream

A/N: Sorry it's taking so long, I don't feel good. I'm sick. So sorry if it's bad :I Enjoy it anyways. Also sorry for any mistakes.. didn't take my time to edit.

Maya's POV

"I can't believe he came here," I hear my mother say. 

"Katy, its ok. He's Maya's father and does deserve to see him, but the important thing now is he is gone," says a deeper voice. I suspect it's Shawn.

"Riley, I have your homework," I'm guess that is Corey. "I'll come pick it up in the morning when I drop off your clothes." RIley hasn't left? Wow. I can't believe she would do that for me. "Josh, I talked to your Professors, they are going to see what works best for them." Josh too? Wow. 

Riley's POV

"Ok, thanks dad," I say. I get into a comfortable position in the chair and begin reviewing my math homework. 

"Do you really think Maya can hear us?" Josh asks as soon as I open my binder. I sighed with annoyance, he knows I'm doing homework. "Sorry, I'm just-"

"I get it," I say cutting him off. "I bet you she can, speaking of which why haven't you say anything major to her?" 

"I just haven't Riley, ok?" Josh snaps. 

"Ok," I mumble. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you," Josh says. 

"It's fine," I say flashing a fake smile. 

I put my math binder back on the ground and pull out my Spanish book. My least favorite class. Yay. I open to the page I read last, it was types of animals and how to say them in spanish. 

"Dinner time," Shawn says. "I'll pay for you two this time." Josh and I both nod our heads and get up from the chairs we were sitting in. Thank you Shawn for saving me from my spanish homework. I follow Shawn and Josh into the cafeteria. Today was macaroni and cheese with homemade french fries. So healthy. I grab a tray and let the cafeteria lady's hand me the small bowls of food. 

"Thank you," I say. I remember how cafeteria ladies are so underappreciated. I look over at Josh and signal him with my eyes to tell the thank you. 

"Thanks," Josh says. Close enough. Shawn leads us to this table of four, that Katy was already sitting at. We all sit down and begin eating. 

^*^

"Riley, its nine go to sleep," Josh says. I release a sigh of relief and put my science essay down on the ground. "You'll be fine besides you finished everything else." 

"Ok Josh," I say. I quickly adjust myself in the chair, into the sleeping position.

Riley's dream

The hospital is completely empty, why? It was just full of people? Where did they go? Where is Josh? 

"Hello?" My voice croaked. I could hear the small faint of my voice echoing off the walls. I turn around  and Maya wasn't in her bed. This keeps getting creepier and creepier. 

"Hello Riley," I hear faint whisper come from behind my back. I turn myself around and no one was there. "You can't find me can you? Why don't you go try the waiting room? Your friends miss you." I quickly jog out of Maya's hospital room and was shocked with what I found. There was hardly any power and everything looked so.. so gorey. I push the door to the waiting room open.

"You found me," I hear the same voice. I look around and still could not find where it was coming from. "Look up." I slowly turn my head towards the ceiling, there was Adeline. She jumped from the ceiling onto the ground.