Chapter One: The condition

"I can't believe this!" Yelled Jonathan Woods slinging several documents around in his hand. He was standing in an old office. "I mean what on earth could that old man be thinking; there is no way in Hell this is going to be possible."

It was there in the office of Attorney Jackson Silver he and his sister found what the future of Woods Ranch would hold for them. Mr. Silver sat behind his desk with a knowing smirk on his face and his hands folded together and place on the dark mahogany desk. When old man Woods came in to finalize his will he knew that when the day came to read it, all hell would break loose, but nothing could prepare him for this. What was even funnier was that Jonathan's sister, Stacy found it humorous and was fighting back laughter.

Jonathan glared at Stacy sitting in the chair. "You think this is funny huh?" He asked looking at her with a smirk "Bet you didn't read the part that if I fail to meet the requirements, then you have to do the same thing or the ranch is to sell to the highest bidder."

Stacy's mouth dropped to the floor. Standing up she looked at her brother square in the face "Oh like hell am I going to do that." She stated, and they both looked at the attorney. "There has to be some mistake, maybe a second will indicating that this is some joke right?" she asked batting her long black lashes at Mr. Silver.

"I am truly sorry both of you, but I assure you this is the will." He said looking at the both of them. "We have been friends since we were kids John. If there were another will, you would know." He paused for a moment. "Your grandad made it clear that if you want to inherit the ranch you need to find a lady and marry her within the year and stay married for at least six months. If not then those contingencies go to Stacy. If you both end up failing it is to be sold and the money to be donated." He hated having to tell them both that part, but it all came with the job.

Frustrated and realizing the fact that this was the way it was supposed to be Jonathan ended their meeting and walked outside. How could he do this to us, to me? He thought to himself as he ran his hands through his dark brown hair. The old man knew marriage was not in his plans, not after what happened with Crystal. Stacy ran after her brother in hopes to calm him down and maybe figure out a way to fight the will.

"There has to be a way to contest it, I just know it," Stacy said looking at her worried brother. She wasn't ready to settle down being only twenty-two, all Stacy wanted to have fun and be carefree. She also knew there was no way in hell her brother would consider marrying someone even if every girl in town was clawing their way at him.

Jonathan shook his head at his sister. He knew she was trying to make this blow easier; his heart has always been set on owning and running that ranch especially after their father had died. He poured blood, sweat, and tears into Woods Ranch ever since he could ride a horse, and now it felt as if the rug was yanked from underneath him. "I don't think there is another way; you heard Jackson this is what he wanted."

Stacy watched as her brother sat down on the wooden bench outside the attorney's office and covered his face with his hands. "Well, you could always put an ad on the internet for a temporary wife." She said jokingly.

It was as if those words were the magic ones. Jonathan looked at his sister, "That's it, that is the answer. Stacy, you are a genius." He stated as he hopped up onto his feet.

"Woah now, I was just pulling your leg there big brother." She said with a worried look on her face.

He laughed at her "I know you said it like that, but it's perfect. The will says to find a woman and stay married for six months. I can put an ad out there just like you said. I mean once that is over we get the ranch, and I can get a divorce, and she will get paid out of the inheritance." He just hoped there is at least one woman that would go for it and not be a complete lunatic either. Jonathan then grabbed the keys out of his pocket and headed towards his silver Dodge Ram.Stacy hoped that this would not be a mistake or backfire on them. She loved the ranch just as much as he did but she sure as hell was not getting married so this better work she thought jumping in on the passenger side.

Okay, my lovely love What do you think? Is it a good idea?