Chapter 6: The Wedding

It was the first Monday at Woods Ranch as Arabella woke up to the bright morning light sunbeams peeking their way into the window making small rainbows dance across the floor. She still couldn't believe that she had quit her job and risked coming here to marry a stranger. As she finally got out of bed, there was a soft knock on her bedroom door.

"Time to wake up, it's your wedding day." Sang Stacey, opening up the door and closed it quickly behind her. "I brought you breakfast because my brother is downstairs and you two will hold the tradition of not seeing each other on your wedding day." She stated bluntly as she placed a tray with a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage links, two pieces of buttered toast, and a nice tall glass of orange juice on the bedside table.

Bella laughed watching her soon-to-be sister ordering her about. "I don't get why you are so insistent on making us stay away from each other. Nothing about this is normal so why try now?" she asked while sitting down on the cozy window bench to eat the food Stacy brought her.

"Ugh, look I know that you and my brother haven't proceeded with this relationship in a normal way. I was there. It's just that I think it adds more of a romantic appeal that I hate to say is needed. I mean let's face it. When you two are given a chance to be alone you, barely talk to one another. Therefore, we are adding some anticipation into this." Stacy said bluntly as she rummaged through the closet to find Arabella's wedding dress.

Her dress was a last-minute buy while she was still in New York. Bella wasn't sure if there were too many dress shops in River Grove that would have a wedding dress that would fit her. It was knee-length with a satin undergarment cover with small intricate lace designs with lace cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. Now that the day was here to finally put it on she wished she had a family to be here. Sure it wasn't a traditional wedding that would end in less than a year, but it was still her wedding day.

"So if you are keeping us apart today until we get married, what do expect us to do for six more hours?" Bella asked nonchalantly.

Stacy shook her head as she placed Arabella's dress neatly on the bed. "Well if you must know, Jonathan is going to work on the ranch like always. While you and I are going into town and getting beautified like most brides and maids of honor's do." She said smiling to herself "Now get up and get dressed so we can get this show on the road sister dearest." Just as fast as she walked in, Stacy left with the empty tray of food.

******************************~~~~~~~~~~~*****************************

Stacy walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to throw Bella's plates into the dishwasher when she spotted her brother still eating. "What in the world are you still doing in here? I told you to eat and get out." She said with fire in her eyes.

Jonathan knew he would hear it from her but he was hungry and nervous for god's sake, plus the food was supposed to be comforting. "I'm just getting ready to leave, so just relax. You do realize this isn't your wedding, but if you're so into this and want your own, I am more than willing to bow down and let you marry a stranger." He said sarcastically staring down at his little sister.

"Please, I know this isn't my wedding which is why I am enjoying it." She stated, "Now go before she gets down here and then this will all be for nothing." While she pushed him out the door as hard as she could.