Chapter 1

Edited.

Believing the last year of high school was the best was actually a mistake. At least for me. I had never really liked school that much, but sitting down on my desk and watching the teacher speak, knowing I'd do this for a couple more weeks was, at least, boring and frustrating. I wanted it all to be over as soon as possible, and thankfully, it was the last class of the day. I was tired as hell, and ended up leaning my head on the table, pretending to pay attention, until I fell asleep.

"Katie! Wake up!" I heard a rushed whisper, while someone shook me, so I looked up and met Frank's green eyes, a big smile on his face, making me smile as well.

"Class is over?"

"Yup. C'mon, the wrestling team will be training in five minutes. Choosing captain." He grabbed my hand, so we ran to the wrestling locker room.

The boys where changing, so I sat outside until they were done, and then got in. Since my step father was the coach, the team was used to seeing me there. So, while Frank got dressed up as well, I walked towards a... Rather special guy.

"Winning this thing today, uh?" I smirked.

"Of course I will, sunshine." Aaron said, smirking down at me.

"Name's Katie." I rolled my eyes.

"I know." He walked towards me with a smirk, before placing a soft kiss on my lips, his hand going down to my waist.

"You know my father can't see us, right?" I asked, but still wrapped my arm around his neck.

"Your father knows already, the only one left is your dumb friend." He kissed the tip of my nose, but I pulled back and stared at him.

"Don't be an asshole." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, sorry." He chuckled.

"So, let's go guys!" I heard my father walk into the room, and was ready to pull away from Aaron, but he held me. We had just went out for a couple of times after school, and it wasn't 'official', neither I had told David about it, so I still felt we should talk to him first. "The best's gonna win today, and will be the team's captain. You all know how it goes already." He chuckled. "All the little girls can walk out of this room right now." He continued talking, even after seeing me with Aaron. "Good luck y'all, two minutes to be out there." And after winking at me, he walked out.

The year was almost over, but the other official Captain moved to a different down, so David and the guys decided they'd have a contest to get a new one before the year ended.

"Good luck, Champ." I kissed Aaron's cheek.

"The little girl's walking out?"

"Fuck you." I showed him my middle finger, while the other guys laughed.

So, I walked out to the gym, where we'd have the 'matches', and sat down on my usual spot. David was talking to some of the new guys, while the rest of the team walked in as well. They sat down as well, and Frank would stare at me, making funny faces while I laughed, and he'd stop when my stepdad looked at him. That's when it was Aaron's turn, and before his match, he gave me a kiss.

"Good luck." I whispered.

Aaron winked in return, before rushing to the ring and starting his match. He was the best on the team, without any doubts, but he'd always take it easy on the new guys. He had been the team's captain before, but he wasn't the usual asshole guys like him would be. In fact, David was proud to say his wrestling team had some of the nicest guys in that school. I watched his match with a big dumb smile on my face, until I searched for Frank and didn't see him there. I looked around, but he just came back from wherever he was when it was his match.