Something In The Past

A/N

             Hey, GUYS! Here’s the new chapter of “Many Shades”.

 XxMyBitchyAlterEgoxX

******************************************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 8!!                            

I couldn’t help the satisfied smile that spread across my face as I smelled the delicious scent that wafted threw the windows, into the car, as I sped through the naturally preserved wilderness that belong to the Long Beach Pack.  My Yellow Porsche sped passed beautiful tall American Holly, Sassafras, and Shadblow trees, but to me the sunken forest I sped past was a collage of blurred greens and browns.

The Long Beach Pride was the only pack in the eastern part ofAmericathat would accept me.  All of the other packs had very conservative ways and saw a Hybrid as a freak of nature, an abomination that shouldn’t exist.

Tom was the alpha in the LBP he is the youngest alpha in theUSA, he is four hundred and sixty-seven years old, give or take a few years. He’d told me once he stopped counting as the decades went by. And although I was the youngest female in the pack and a baby compared to him, Tom and I had somewhat of a very flirtatious relationship. We’ve never gone beyond a few chaste kisses but things could get pretty heated.

I couldn’t help the churning feeling I felt in the pit of my stomach as I thought about seeing my pack members. It had been so long since I’d seen them even though I am a Hybrid I still felt yearning of wanting to be in a pack, a family, like any other wolf.

I slowed the speed of the car as I eased the Porsche into a hidden turn camouflaged by two large trees casting a dark shadow in the afternoon light. In a few short minutes I arrived at my destination a large 10 foot white fence. I came to a halt in front of it and pulled out my phone dialing Tom’s number; the fence could only be opened from the inside of the Alpha’s house. It had a special code to open it that only the Alpha and beta knew.

he phone rang in my ear…“Hey, Sugar.” Tom’s baritone voice greeted me on the other line. I chuckled softly “hey, I’m at the Gate. Open it wills ya.”  “It’s already opening as we speak.” I looked up to find his statement to be true; the gate was slowly opening revealing the expansive landscape. “I’ll see you soon.” “And I’ll be waiting.” I zoomed passed the opened gate up the roadway for another five miles before the White pack houses came in view. The Pack was very large and consisted of about one hundred people, and had 25 homes spread across thelong beachproperty.

As I drew closer I could see Tom standing on the porch of his home a grin making his face look so overly handsome. I parked the Porsche in the back of his Jeep before I launched myself from my car, not bothering to close the door, before I ran up the porch into Tom’s waiting arms. He smelled just like he always had like Spicy Cinnamon, it was a comforting scent.

I was caught of guard when Tom pushed me away from him with the force of a mad man sending me flying to the ground. I cried out as I felt the force of the impact sent red hot pain shooting up my back. “Have you forgotten yourself, Tom? You’re stronger than me…. in case you forgot.” I said sarcastically with a grimace getting back on my feet as I looked up at him. My forehead knotted with confusion as I read his expression.

Why was he so angry? “Tom are you ok?” I asked taking a step toward him but he stepped back away from me.  “You have been with a Vampire. I could recognize the scent from anywhere.” His tone was cold and abrasive like a steel knife wedging it way slowly through my heart, my wolf whimpered along with me. “Alpha, I did so unknowingly.”  His eyes squinted as he looked at the mark on my neck, his gaze burned my skin but he said nothing of the mark. He knew of my other half my succubus side; he knew what she craved or rather needed how could he fault me on this?  “Unknowingly, how could you unknowingly bed a VAMPIRE! After all the grief their species has brought to my Pack, MY FAMILLY…”

 He breathed harshly running a hand over his face. He couldn’t conceal the pain that flashed behind the green of his eyes. “to me” he finished with a whisper. His words dug the knife home straight through my heart, tears assembled behind my eyes threatening to fall.

“I’m telling you, My Alpha, I did so unknowingly, if I had know…you know…I would never-” “GETOUT, GETOFF OF MY LAND!!” He snarled at me, the knife twisted and twisted again in my chest. The tears finally did spill then “I only just arrived to see my pack members…to see youplease.” He pushed me again but this time I fell off the Porch onto the grass below. I landed onto my back but I didn’t feel the pain, the only pain I could feel was his own.

“I WILL NOT TELL YOU AGAIN, NIKAGETOFF MYLAND.” A sob tried to escape by I quickly swallowed it as scrambled to my feet. “I’m sorry, T-t-tom I didn’t-t M-m-ean t-t-o…” I couldn’t speak correctly the pain was too much to bear.

  I turned and ran to my car slamming the door and getting it into gear as I sped out of his driveway, pass the white Gate that had been coded to open for my exit.

As I drove home Tom’s pained expression flashed in front of my face a constant reminder of the anguish I’d caused him.  Fifty years ago before I joined the Pack a clan of vampires had invaded The Long Beach Territory and had gone on a killing rampage. Killing many humans in the process, to do damage control Packs in the area had fought The Clan, but most important Tom’s mother and Father, The previous Alpha and Lupa.  

Mistakenly, they had underestimated the Clan’s power Tom’s Mother Anne and his Father George had been on the front line and fought two very powerful Master Vampires. In the end, the werewolves were victorious but Tom’s parents had died in the process of getting rid of the Vamps.

Tom, only four hundred and seventeen years old then very young in the packs eyes had to take the position as Alpha, a role he should have had decades to prepare for. He never recovered from his parents death and held strong animosity toward Vampires ever since. Coming into his territory with a vampires scent on me had been like a stake to his heart, and had made him remember all the memories he’d tried so hard to forget, to resurface again.

I shook my head clearing away my melancholy thoughts, “I’m so sorry, Tom.” I whispered, as I reached the back of my beach front home. The sight that greeted me as I stepped around back did not do anything to lighten my mood instead it dampened it. 

*******************************************************************************************

That’s the end of Nika’s Chappy! I wonder what she’ll have to say about all that has transpired in her absence.

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!

And as always my sweets, I’ll see you guys later I’m off to write to my heart content! J

XOXO

XxMyBitchyAlterEgoxX