xiii

suffering from the intake of too many nutrients after being deprived of nutrients for an extended period of time where her body went into shock afterward. that's what the doctor told seokjin once he walked out of minji's hospital room.

in short, minji's body couldn't handle the amount of food she was eating now because she was so malnourished for a long time that her stomach became much smaller and her body went into shock.

seokjin couldn't think of anything other than minji. he could never not think of her. she was always on his mind, whether it was in regards to his fear for her health or his feelings for her. this time was completely in the fear of her health.

his lungs felt as if they were being held still by invisible hands. his heart was steady but his mind was doing the racing. what if she slips into a coma? what if the damage her body endured in those severe eleven months was too much? those thoughts clouded his mind, tears clouding his eyes.

a couple hours later, minji's nurse allowed seokjin to go into her room.

the lump in his throat preventing him from speaking clearly and strongly became larger at the sight of seokjin's best friend, his minnie mouse, hooked up to so mamy machines. she was paper thin, with the skin tone to match.

in his eyes, she was perfect in every moment of her life and she was unbelievably gorgous before and after her eating disorders. in everyone else's eyes, they saw a beautiful girl with a painfully frail body. in her own eyes, she was disgusting, with about as much fat on her body as a whale.

seokjin never knew how bad minji's perception of herself truly was until now. and boy, that view of herself was false in every angle.

he didn't care if she didn't look like those idols out in the world. he didn't care if she gained weight or if she exercised to tone her body. to him, she was more beautiful than any model or idol that could ever exist.

he loved her with all his being.

and because of this, seokjin wept next to minji's hospital bed.

"i'm going to make you see what i see. i'm not going to stop trying until you do."