Chapter 4

"Louise do you really think-?" Tina began to ask as Louise held up a dress.

"Tina, honey, trust me if you want to wow Pesto , then I know that this is the dress. Let's put it on, shall we?"

Tina slipped the dress on and looked at herself in the mirror.

It was a fitting black cocktail dress that matched her hair. The straps were about a half an inch thick and the neckline was an inch below her collarbone. The hem of the skirt was a mere two inches above her knees. The fabric was nice and soft, and the dress itself wasn't too formal, but it wasn't something to wear when running errands.

"Wow T, black looks good on you. Well from this angle it does. Maybe not over there, don't let him see you from over there."

Tina glared at Louise.

"What! C'mon you know I'm kidding! Now put that dress in your bag, oh and pack a pair of heels. You can't dance in those sneakers. Don't ask how I know, just do it."

Tina bent down and started sorting through all of her shoes before pulling out a pair of black one-inch heels that were almost as comfortable as her sneakers.

"Will these work Louise?"

"Eh, I would pick something else personally, but it should work for you. Now, you should probably grab some clear, and when I say clear I mean clear, lip gloss as well as a pack of gum. Maybe some perfume or deodorant would be a good idea too.."

Tina took the hint and packed all the stuff into the backpack before they snuck quietly back into the living room, where they were supposed to be.

A Tina in normal clothes with a backpack full of gum, deodorant, lip gloss, a dress, and heels, a napping Gene, and a scheming Louise sat on the couch as Bob and Linda came in.

"Hey my little angels," Linda smiled. "Gene wake up!"

Gene awoke with a start and farted. "WHA-Who was that?"

"God Gene it was you... You need to learn to wake up without farting," Louise coughed while holding her nose and waving her hand.

Gene started to reply, but Tina looked at the clock and then interrupted.

"Hey mom, I just remembered that I had a question for homework, and I was going to see if I could quickly ask Jimmy Jr to help me."

"Sure sweeti-" Linda began to reply before Bob cut her off.

"Tina no, can't you just ask someone later?"

"Dad it's important and also you guys couldn't help me because it's a question on the teacher's notes."

"I thought it was homework-?"

"Dad please?"

"Fine Tina, just be quick."

Tina ran down the stairs thanking her father the whole way down. She opened the door in a hurry to see Jimmy Jr standing there with a gardenia.

"Oh hey Jimmy Jr," Tina quickly shut the door as she stood in front of him. "A gardenia? That's my favorite!"

Jimmy Jr put it in her hair. He was wearing a pair of slacks that were the same exact color as her dress with a soft white button down shirt that was tight, but not too snug. He looked at Tina's outfit with a little bit of confusion.

"Weren't you going to change?" Jimmy Jr asked out of curiosity.

"Oh crap, yeah!" Tina grabbed her backpack off of her shoulders and swung it around. "It's in this bag. Do you think I could get changed in your restaurant's bathroom?"

"Sure, why-?"

"Long story, I'll explain on the way!" Tina said as she ran across the street and into the restaurant.

She ran into the restroom and quickly changed into her dress and heels. The dress hung perfectly from every angle, no matter what Louise said, and the heels worked perfectly with the dress. She pulled the tube of lip gloss and swiftly, but cautiously swiped it across her lips. "You got this girl," She muttered to herself before running out of the restaurant and back to her date, who was patiently waiting for her.

"Are you ready?" Jimmy Jr inquired.

Tina looked up and saw her door begin to open. "Yeah, but, um, Jimmy Jr we should go like right now, explanations later."

She grabbed his rough hand, probably from all the dish washing, and began to sprint down the street in heels.

"Tina!" Jimmy Jr shouted as he followed.

As they turned the corner Tina waited a few buildings to slow down, both of them only slightly winded.

"Tina, what the hell?"

"Oh sorry Jimmy Jr, I probably should've told you beforehand, but I snuck out. I was supposed to go to a stupid dinner with my aunt."

"It's fine, it's just that we went the wrong way."

"Ugh, I didn't even think of that..."

"No, Tina really, it's fine."

Jimmy Jr and Tina headed the other way down the street to the dance studio. However, the only thing that Tina seemed to notice was that Jimmy Jr was still holding her hand.