Chapter 6

The glass door opened as a couple stepped into the studio.

Tina's old love, Josh, stood in the doorway with a girl on his arm. She was a good inch or two shorter than him with shiny blond hair that was curled perfectly and rested comfortably on her chest. She had bright blue eyes and a slim face. She was so petite that Tina couldn't tell exactly what age she was.

Tina's face flushed. Even if she was there with Jimmy Jr, it didn't stop her from being downright upset of what stood in front of her.

"Tina wait! It's not what it looks like-!" Josh yelled as Tina ran out of the studio and down the street.

She found a little nook in between two buildings and sat down in a fetal position, burying her head in her arms as the sky and her both unleashed their own hurricanes. Her tears flowed easily out and onto her arms. She figured that Josh must've moved on, but she wasn't ready to see it yet. It seems like just the week before when they had danced together and talked on the phone. Hell, they weren't even old lovers, Tina was almost positive that they were still close.

A pair of feet stood in front of the sobbing Tina.

"Tina? Are you okay?"

It was Jimmy Jr.

"Oh Jimmy Jr, I'm sorry that you had to see this, it's just that-"

"No, Tina, I get it. You had something with him and he just walks in with another girl on his arm. That's how I felt when you and Josh went to the dance."

Tina looked up and realized how stupid she had been. Her own feelings had completely gotten in the way.

"Jimmy Jr, I'm so sorry I didn't even think about that. It's just, you told me maybe. You said you wanted to weigh your options. I thought that I was your only option, and then Josh had asked me and he said that he wanted me and only me, and wow we had CHEMISTRY. I'm sorry, I know that you're right here... Why did you say maybe anyways?" Tina was curious, she had never really asked him this, in fear of messing stuff up.

"Tina, the thing is you come off really strong. You can be kind of clingy, and at times I don't want to be pushed. I said maybe, knowing that I definitely would've said yes later on. But then you went and got another date to a different dance. That really hurt. Then you started going off about how we could start a schedule to get to have you, and I want to have you to myself, and I'm pretty sure Josh did too. I know at times I seem to be playing hard-to-get, but I really do like you."

Tina grabbed Jimmy Jr's faced and kissed him.

"Tina?"

It was Josh. His face was absolutely torn and miserable.

Tina realized that she was still holding Jimmy Jr's face. "Oh... I'm sorry." She quickly let go of his face and quietly grabbed his hand.

"Listen Tina, that girl was just a friend-"

"Josh, I can't string you along anymore. I think I've made my decision. I came here with Jimmy Jr..."

Josh looked into the eyes of the other guy that Tina held the hand of.

"I understand, as long as your happy," he said genuinely. "If you ever change your mind, I'm here."

"Yeah well, she won't," Jimmy Jr said as he squeezed Tina's hand, who looked up at him.

"Jimmy Jr, stop. Josh, I hope we can still be friends. I'm so sorry it had to be this way."

Josh nodded respectfully and full of love before walking back to the dance studio.

The couple stood in the rain while the thunder clapped in the distance. Jimmy Jr looked down at his hand in Tina's.

"Sorry, we don't have to-"

"No, Jimmy Jr I like it."

He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So, uh, Tina..."

"Yes?"

"Want to go get some ice cream? I only have-" Jimmy Jr pulled out three dollars and a quarter out. "$3.25. I don't know if that's enough, but we can share if there's not enough. My dad doesn't pay me a lot."

Tina laughed. "It's okay, I only get paid for babysitting, which doesn't happen too often."

The two smiled and headed down the street hand-in-hand, sopping wet and still in their dancing clothes.