One String out of Tune

It was four in the afternoon. At this point I knew much more about metal than any human should, and I had added yet another book to the long list titled: Charles, Why Did You Binge Read This In One Day?

Turns out Erik is a whole lot more deadly than the average mutant. I had to admit, what he could potentially use his powers to do was a bit intimidating. Erik seemed so kind. Not the type to take another's life. At least not willingly...

I swallowed hard at that thought.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ding of my phone. I checked the screen and Erik's name shone back at me. I swiped the screen to see his message.

Erik: Hello again. I finally finished up my work. What have you been up to since I left?

I might as well tell him the truth, despite how embarrassing it felt.

Charles: I finished that book I bought. I'd love to discuss it with you the next time I see you.

Erik: Wow! You read fast. I'd love talk about it with you as well. Maybe we could meet after your classes this Wednesday?

I didn't think I had any prior arrangements for Wednesday. Why not? That would give me three days to squash this crush and be the friend Erik deserved.

Charles: Wednesday sounds great. I might have some paperwork to deal with though so meet me outside my building about 15 minutes later than last time :)

Erik: You got it, Professor ;)

I tapped the power button on the top of my phone to close it. I let out a breath of air. He had to be flirting. A winking face and the way he says professor seems to always have intentions that weren't wholly platonic.

"Well, I could also just be projecting what I want to see and hear." I thought. I sighed again and decided to listen to Erik's emotions more closely on Wednesday. I needed to know what he was feeling.

From the rumble in my stomach it was quite obvious what I was feeling: hunger. I decided to actually go shopping. Just a short stop to get food for the night. I could do a proper run after class the next day.

I hopped out of my chair and scanned the living room for my shoes. I grabbed them from the far side of the couch and checked my pockets for my wallet. I was all set.

I locked the door to my apartment as I left and set my course for the bus stop.

----------

I arrived home about an hour later around six. I had picked up one bag full of supplies to make chicken and pasta with a light sauce made with a bit of wine. I was pretty sure it was called Chicken Florentine.

After I pushed my way into my front door I walked straight through my living room and toward my kitchen. I pulled out my phone as I set out my supplies and hit shuffle. I always thought work was made exponentially better with music.

I as I chopped, heated, and stirred my ingredients I danced around, singing along to the music.

Within the hour dinner was done, and I was more than ready to eat. As I dug in, I couldn't help but wish that Erik was there with me to enjoy it too. I did have left overs that I could take to him...

I decided to call him tomorrow, and ask if I could stop by to drop off some dinner. He might even ask me to stay with him a bit.

I smiled at the thought as I took my dished to the sink. I washed them quickly against my procrastinating nature and decided to spend the rest of the evening in my bedroom.