Chapter 19

Hey guys still begging for newsies news although very excited for the newsies reunion on the 21st the videos from last years make me so happy so like most of you readers I am very excited to see it. So please review read message me about who your excited to see in the reunion or in newsies taping. Love always BritishFansie24601xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hey there Morris," he said standing up from his huge desk and walking towards us to shake his hand. His voice was sharp and loud his Queens accent hugely evident, nothing like Race's smooth calm voice.

His eyes fell up on me looking me up and down slowly. His eyes were blue like Race's bit they were bitter and cold and didn't sparkle like Race's.

"So this is his girl." He declared and then began circling me examining every part of me.

Morris nodded proudly, "Yes this is Laura."

"Very, very nice, didn't know Race had it in him." He laughed, Morris joining half-heartedly.

"Please have a seat." He said mockingly offering me his hand my hand shaking I put in his. I was too scared to do anything else sure he looked like Race but he was a lot taller and looked so much stronger I was truly scared at what he could do to me.

I sat down in the chair opposite Splits Morris standing behind me.

"So, Doll where are you from?" he asked leaning forwards so he was closer to me I kept my back straight so I was as far away as possible.

"Manhattan." I answered quickly my voice small.

"Really don't sound like it." He said his voice becoming hostile.

"I went to school in England." I said maintaining my small voice trying not giving him anything.

"Oh that's real nice." He said smiling at me.

"So how did a rich girl like you end up with my brother?" he questioned making it clear he wanted to know everything.

I looked up at Morris before I began making sure I should do this although I don't know why I was trusting him, he looked at me sternly telling me to spill.

"I was waiting for Jack in the lodging house." I confessed swiftly.

"Why were you meeting Jack?" he interjected quickly.

I knew I shouldn't tell him so I kept quiet for a minute trying my best to be brave and face up to him.

"Listen Laura this is the way it's gonna work if you don't tell me everything right now I'll send you back downstairs without Morris here to protect you I'm sure after a minute alone with my boys you'll be dying to come up here and talk to me." He yelled both of his hands pressing against the desk as he leaned forwards so he was practically face to face with me.

"Got it?" he asked slowly.

I nodded.

"Good now why were you going to see Kelly?" he repeated sitting back down his eyes still glaring at me.

"I was helping him see his son." I said simply after taking a hitched breath.

"Wait Kelly's a father?" Splits shouted at Morris.

Morris nodded slowly, "He knocked up Plumber."

"Why didn't you go after his kid?" he continued yelling at Morris.

"I tried! It didn't work out." Morris defended trying to avoid my eye contact as I glared at him in disbelief he was planning to go after a baby?

"Fine, but why were you with Jack's kid?" demanded Splits his attention now back on me.

"He's my nephew." I said now looking down at the floor knowing he could now piece it all together.

"So you're Katherine's sister?" he said looking at me amazed but in the completely wrong way.

I nodded slowly, my mind drifted to Katherine she would have never let this go this far she would have screamed her lungs off the first time she was dragged in that alleyway. If she was sat here now she would have never let Splits get any answers out of her.

"What a score!" Splits said gleefully jumping up from his seat and walking up towards Morris,

"I never should have doubted you Delancey."

I sat there on the chair tears forming in my eyes,

"Don't get so upset Doll." Splits said patronisingly coming towards me, I turned away from him angry that he had made me tell him so much.

He grabbed my chin, "You know you're really pretty."

I stared up at him refusing to respond to him,

"You know you don't talk much do you,"

I still didn't answer him.

"But saying that though with lips like those I bet Race isn't interested in talking."

I pulled my face away in disgust as he laughed loudly Morris joining in this time fully. I sat there embarrassed and scared no idea what was going to happen next.

"Well I would suggest going downstairs to do a little mingling with the other boys, but I don't think you'd have enough to say would you." He said tearing into laughter yet again.

"I don't want to see your newsies." I said looking down at the floor.

"Woah there!" he said rushing over to me and sitting on the desk in front of me so we were now face to face.

"Those boys down there aren't newsies, I think we've moved on from selling papes." He said smirking at Morris who looked at him inclusively.

"So you don't sell at all?" I ask trying my hardest not to sound naïve.

"Well some of us do we need money but most of us make it with more grown up activities, like Morris here." He said gesturing towards Morris.

I looked away from them both realising that I was in even more danger, none of the boys down there were newsies.

"How about we show you to your room?" asked Splits, giving me no time to reply as he pulled me out of the chair and out the room down the corridor to another room. From his attitude I was expecting some sort of cell so I surprised when the entered the room.

It was actually quite nice, simple but nice there was a double bed with white sheets, a small wooden desk was in the corner next to that a wardrobe and then another door led to an en-suite, it was quite homely I walked in as Splits pushed on the small of my back into the room I stood there confused.

"You like it?" he questioned his voice sinister.

I nodded my head slowly waiting for this to turn bad,

"Well the owners did too till we kicked them out, the man couldn't handle being in charge of us didn't even see his wife."

I looked around the room again looking at it completely different know I realised this was someone's home.

"You will like it." He told me.

I nodded again, my neck hurting at all my willingness.

"Get some sleep you've got a busy day tomorrow." Said Splits as he sauntered over to the door studying my confused stance before slamming the door.

As I heard the firm click of the lock and all the light in the room got sucked out by the door I walked over to the bed and sat on it feeling so weak and stupid I began crying. I cried for Katherine, for Jack by mostly for Race. I wanted to see him so bad but after meeting his brother I wished he wouldn't come after me.