Chapter 29

So here is the epilogue hope you enjoyed reading my story I will be writing a les mis story after this but it will probably take a long while but I hope you all will read it. Thank you all so much for reading my story and hope you loved reading it as much as I loved writing it!!! Britishfansie24601xxxxxxxxx

"Katherine Kelly you better not be riding that horse!" I heard Jack yell to Katherine lecturing her for the thousandth time about riding the horses whilst she was pregnant.

I smiled as Katherine came into the barn sitting royally on her horse Gio her face triumphant as she refused to listen to Jack once again.

"No can do Mr Kelly I've already been to town this morning." She said smiling before sliding off the horse and into Jacks arms.

I was brushing me own horse Ivory watching the scene unfold, Katherine had been pregnant for almost seven months now of course Jack and Katherine had been married almost seven months ago so we all knew about how baby Kelly number two was made.

I reached onto the fence behind me to pick up my saddle and tossed it onto Ivory fastening it underneath her then adjusting the stirrups I put one foot onto the stirrup and began to pull myself upwards to climb on the saddle. I didn't make it very far until a pair of arms snaked around my waist,

"You weren't going to go on a hack without me right."

I swung my other foot around the saddle and turned to see Race his horse wren saddled up and waiting behind him.

"Well I was thinking about it but then you showed up."

He laughed before kissing me softly.

"So how about we go now before things get explosive between those two." He said gesturing towards Katherine and Jack who were play fighting throwing straw at each other on the other side of the barn.

"That's alright with me." I said as he jumped onto Wren and we rode out of the barn together.

We rode all the way up to the top of the hills that framed the side of our lands, when we reached the top of the hill we dismounted and Race pulled out some water from his saddle pack and handed it to me,

"Thanks." I said taking it from his hands.

"This kid from that farm over there told me this is the oldest tree in Santa Fe." He said placing his hands on the tree at the very top of the hill.

"Really, you think you could climb it?" I asked him looking at him with a smile.

"I'm not sure, but we can try." He said looking back with the same smile.

"Wait we?" I couldn't object as he soon pulled my hand and began climbing up the tree I followed him clumsily.

"Come on a few more feet were almost at the top don't you dare look down." Race yelled his voice resounding from the tops of the tree.

"Oh my god." I said as I looked at the view from the top of the tree.

"This tree sure has a view." He said leaning out onto the branch so he was so close to the edge he looked like he could fall.

"Race be careful." I warned him as he leaned further and further out.

"I'm always careful." As he came and sat next to me on the branch throwing his arm around my shoulder, I smiled as I leaned into the crook of his shoulder and we sat in a comfortable silence just looking at the view.

"You know I'm so glad we came here." I said to him as he stroked my face.

"Me too Laura."

"Look." I said noticing the little church where Jack and Katherine had got married,

"It was a great day wasn't it." I reminisced remember who everything was so simple yet beautiful, Katherine and Jack got married with just a vicar me Race and Andrew Katherine didn't buy a wedding dress she actually just wore the same dress she was wearing the day she met Jack and he did the same. I'd lent Katherine two of my pearl pins and wore two myself we decorated the flowers with the rest.

"Yeah it was." Said Race, as he began to climb down the tree,

"Do you want some water?" he yelled as he reached the bottom.

"Sure." I replied climbing down after him but much slower.

I turned around when I reached the bottom of the tree and gasped as I saw Race kneeling on the floor holding a beautiful silver band.

"Race what are you?"

"Marry me Laura." He said simply his hands shaking looking more nervous than I had ever seen him before.

"Of course I will Race." I squealed running into his arms and then placing the ring on my finger, I looked down at it feeling more thrilled than I could have ever imagined knowing now I was truly at home with Race.