11 ➸ forgiveness

➹

Nora sat on the curb of the street, making flower crowns. Nothing really happens in Alexandria anymore, everyone is always cooped up in their houses, or doing their job. It was quite boring that nobody wanted to do something fun.

"Hey, stranger."

Nora looked up from her crown making, looking at the person she couldn't be mad at. She couldn't be mad at the one person (other than Enid) who was willing to be her friend.

Bailey.

Nora grew up with Bailey for the last six years. They were best friends, two peas in a pod. When Bailey's parents brought Nora from the real outside world, she didn't know what was happening. All she cared about was she finally had someone to talk to.

"Hey,"

"Nora, I'm really sorry that I–we didn't tell you sooner. We didn't want you to go out looking for your family, and be disappointed that you didn't find them.

Nora smiled a little, "I forgive you. I understand what you did was to protect me, and I'm very grateful. It just hurts that I never knew until what happened to me a couple of weeks ago."

Nora stood up with a flower crown in her hands, and walked behind Bailey. She smiled while fixing the crown she put on her best friend.

"Now we can be best friends again, yay!"

Bailey slightly smiled at Nora, who was always happy. Everyone thought Nora would be sad, scared at the world, but Nora remained happy (after being in her room for a week).

"I'm glad we are."

Walking down the streets of Alexandria are quiet, and lifeless. Only the sounds of a stroller wheels, and two teenagers walking down the street. No one goes out nowadays, it's only sometimes people come out for the day. All jobs have to be done to keep this place running (as I said before).

Nora was looking around the community and sighed. The silence between the two friends was more comfortable. There was nothing to talk about, or they didn't know what to say to each other.

"How are you feeling, Nora?"

Nora slightly jumped away from her thoughts, and smiled.

"I'm feeling great! Just earlier me and Bailey-"

Nora grabbed Carl's arm and stopped walking. Nora was a little shocked to see the scene in front of her.