12 ➸ mangos

This chapter came to me when eating mangos today, so it might seem weird. I hope you enjoy either way.

➹

Nora was walking home with a fresh mango in her hands, she found it in the freezer of the pantry. Deanna recently gave Nora and Bailey a job, and it was pantry duty. It wasn't the worst job, nor that dangerous. Nora believes that was the objective Deanna was going for. Keeping the children out of harms way.

"We have to grow more of these," Nora exclaimed to Bailey. "Mangos are the best fruit on the planet."

"You've said that about five times, Nora."

Nora looked at Bailey with ear to ear smile, "I'm just trying to get the point through your that thick skull of yours."

It was quiet for a moment, nothing but the tension that was growing. Bailey started to laugh out loud, while Nora did too.

"You always make my day, but you can be pretty thick sometimes."

Nora was about to say a remark, but the door to Bailey's house was opened and her parents were standing in the doorway. Nora hasn't talk to them since the last time they came to visit her in the infirmary. She was actually quite terrified to even cross their path, look them in the eyes, talk to them.

What if they told another lie just to make her forgive them?

"Do you want to come in, Nora?"

Nora looked from the doorframe to Bailey, she shook her head. Did Bailey not get the fact that she wasn't ready to forgive them yet, just not yet. Was it that hard to get the signs that she was afraid?

"No, I have to go home. See ya tomorrow."

She realizes that she has to forgive them, they took care of her when she couldn't take care if herself. She just wasn't ready.

Nora sat at home in the kitchen, talking to Maggie while she was cutting her mango. Maggie was always easy to talk to when Beth wasn't around, now she just has Maggie.

"I don't know how I feel about them. I want to forgive them, I do, but I don't want to get hurt again."

Maggie stopped cutting the mango, and looked at her sister. Nora was staring out into space, thinking way too munch about the situation.

"Forgiving maybe hard, but listen to me, it will make you feel better in the end. It will help, knowing you forgave them for what they did to you. Anything can happen to you, to them."

Nora looked at the mango her sister has sliced, wishing she was the a mango not having to worry about anything in the world. The mango that will be eaten tomorrow, by her. She would rather be a mango, eaten by a human being then a walker.

"Next time the runners go on a run, can they get mango tree seeds?"

Maggie nodded her head, and watched her sister walk upstairs, who had a sad look upon her usually happy face.

The next morning, Nora sat down on her front step eating the mango. Bailey was suppose to come here around 1:00 to play some video games with her. Nora looked around Alexandria, it wasn't the same without Enid, Ron, or Mikey.

Enid left without even saying a proper goodbye, she just left a note. Ron isn't the same as he used to be, he stays in the house and doesn't even say hi to her anymore. Lastly, Mikey hasn't been seen since the party that happened awhile ago.

She was looking at something down the road, that she didn't realize someone sat next to her. She lightly smiling, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hey, Carl."

She turned around, crossing her hand lightly over her knees, and smiled at him. Carl was her only friend now, her only best friend (except for Bailey). She just hopes nothing happens to any of them.

There was silence between the two of them

There was silence between the two of them. Nora wanted to ask the question that's been eating her mind all day. She had to get someone else's opinion.

"Carl, is it hard to forgive someone?"

She looked down at her hands, it was just a matter of opinion. She wanted to know if it was hard or not. Nora is a very forgiving person, but what they did to her it wasn't that simple.

"It depends on what the person did to you. Why? Did someone do something to you?"

Nora smiled, "no, I just wanted your opinion."

Then she thought about it; why did she ask that question? She just shrugged her shoulders, and hugged her best friend. She couldn't help but to hug him, she looked at the bowl of mangos.

Nora pulled away, and grabbed the bowl of mangos.

"Wanna eat some mangos?"

A/N: SEASON 6 IS FINALLY ON NETFLIX!!! Now I can write more often. This part was more of a chapter, but didn't make sense. Please, vote, comment, and enjoy!